Occasional Contributor

Re: Dooney ladies, how to tell if your Dooney is well made?

I ordered and received the Pebble Leather Satchel in the new dark grey. It is a beautiful bag ; however the zipper is not working. I am not able to use it. I called CS; they stated to return it marking the reason as defective. I wanted to replace it with the same color, which does not appear to be a choice at this time . So I like the brown as well. I do hope to receive this in great shape. Guess it happens..
Respected Contributor

It happens, and a troublesome zipper is a real hassle. Glad you discovered the problem early.

Occasional Contributor

I just received my Pebble Leather Satchel in the brown . I had ordered the new dark grey; I received this bag with a broken zipper. Called CS to let them know why I was returning it as it was defective.. As the grey was not listed as a choice any longer I chose the brown.the zipper worked well , but it is a return that was used. It came in the dust over bag tied in a knot. I hesitated ordering this color as it has been around for a while and was afraid of getting a used bag. So I am returning this bag back as well. Call CS once again and told then not to charge me for shipping. It's a shame because I really like the bag but with a price point of over three hundred dollars I am not accepting a return . Will go to the outlets ..
Respected Contributor

What a shame there was a problem with the second handbag. Have fun at the outlets and remember to check the bags carefully before buying.

New Contributor

I have never bought a Dooney handbag online from anywhere except QVC or Dooney.com, but I have bought them from an outlet store. They are not necessarily an 'ooops' bag. It can be a production overrun, a Dooney retailer sending out handbags to a local outlet or sample products among other things.

Like with anything, before buying whether it be at an outlet or retailer, look closely to the product(s). If anything looks odd, don't buy it. Also before you buy a Dooney anywhere, ask about the return policy.

Esteemed Contributor

Check the piping & most of all the stitching. Also make sure the handles are matched as to location on the bag. I have seen some with one as much as 1/2"" different than the other.

Dooney has been having trouble with the zippers when they quit using the original riri zippers.