Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney hobo bag - had enough?

I'm so sick of seeing this bag I can't even tell you... They never miss an opportunity to present it and I've now reached the point where as soon as it shows up on the screen, the show goes off and it might or might not come back on... Yes, I too wish they'd up the color ante for some other bags as they do for this one... It's not a bad bag, but aside from that lining, which I just can't get past, there have been reported problems with the over-done lock and besides, it does tend to put me in mind of a big feedbag... Don't own one. Not planning to own one...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

If I liked hobos bags, I'd buy it in several colors. But I've learned that I don't like hobo bags. Others obviously do. I enjoy seeing the colors when they present the LL. I'd prefer to see a leather handbag presented, regardless of style, rather than a fabric or nylon. So, each to their own. It's just entertainment, and a little handbag research, for me. Smile I can learn a lot more about handbags from Dooney shows and various forums, than I can by going into any store.

Honored Contributor

Not a big fan of hobos either, though I have a couple I use regularly... I surely agree that I'd far rather see leather bags presented than the nylon options... There simply isn't much to say about them, though they're decent bags... I guess my exception to this would be the LL... It's been presented SO many times that there's really nothing left to say... or learn... about it!

Wink

The color selection, though, particularly when many are in stock, is stellar... As noted, I can only wish they'd offer so many colors in a non-fold-over satchel!

Honored Contributor

I actually have one. I use the change purse in every bag I carry, however, I never carry the hobo bag itself. It's much too heavy and, as you said, no pockets on the outside. Why did I buy it? I wish I could answer that.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Then what other shoulder bags you you recommend???

I don't get the fighting about a handbag.

Respected Contributor

For the number they have sold it has been wildly successful. You won't see it again when that comes to an end. In the meantime I plan to buy one for myself, maybe this spring. I can see it in summer colors it is a classic!
Respected Contributor

First of all I totally agree they push this bag way too much, which can be very boring for regular watchers. But, I purchased this bag a couple of years ago from another retailer, and it is the best bag I've ever owned. I carry it every single day, and it still looks brand new.

Honored Contributor

On 12/17/2014 Melania2 said:

Then what other shoulder bags you you recommend???

I don't get the fighting about a handbag.

Who's fighting? Just different opinions it seems...

Respected Contributor

I could be wrong, but I think the hobo that is similar to this one and offered in the marketplace is quite a bit smaller than the Logo Lock. And lighter.
Honored Contributor

On 12/17/2014 Shawnie said: I could be wrong, but I think the hobo that is similar to this one and offered in the marketplace is quite a bit smaller than the Logo Lock. And lighter.

It also has an exterior pocket.