Regular Contributor
Does anyone know if the price for dooney bags here at the Q are suppose to cost less than elsewhere? Reason why I ask is because I couldn't help notice that the prices were the same on the Q as at macys. I thought qvc was selling them at a better price
Valued Contributor

Nope. Same prices as everywhere else with some specials once in awhile. Sometimes other sites have special prices so you gotta do your research to find the best price.

QVC has easy pay and extra colors, and sometimes special styles which aren't available elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

QVC's prices are almost always full retail. When they decide to clear out a bag, which generally takes them far longer than other retailers, they might knock something off the price. Lower prices can generally be found elsewhere by waiting for a store sale that includes Dooney bags... Dooney themselves also puts some bags on special each month. Generally speaking, this is probably not the most cost effective place to buy Dooney, though there are always exceptions and, of course, Easy Pay.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

On QVC you sometimes get extra accessories with the bag included that you don't get in the stores or even at DB. Like the key fob and a coin purse or cc wallet. And QVC might have a color you can't find anywhere else.

Honored Contributor
On 8/11/2014 VolvoGirl said:

On QVC you sometimes get extra accessories with the bag included that you don't get in the stores or even at DB. Like the key fob and a coin purse or cc wallet. And QVC might have a color you can't find anywhere else.

You can often get better prices at the Dooney site or ILoveDooney or retailers. Even buying the coint purse separately (and who actually USES those key fobs??) - you would still save money from other sources.

Valued Contributor
On 8/11/2014 terrier3 said:

You can often get better prices at the Dooney site or ILoveDooney or retailers. Even buying the coint purse separately (and who actually USES those key fobs??) - you would still save money from other sources.

Exactly!!! Such a waste!!!!

Regular Contributor

I know! I almost laugh everytime they show the key fob. Big deal. I've bought directly from DB and got a sale price better or was it just because I got free shipping?

Esteemed Contributor

Ilovedooney.com -- lower prices and free shipping/handling.

Trusted Contributor

QVC doesn't have the best prices on most things - but they want us to think they do. They are betting on us not being educated shoppers.

Honored Contributor
On 8/11/2014 terrier3 said:

It pays to shop around.

If it's a TSV or an OTO, you may get a better price here. I just got a patent hobo on the Dooney site in May because it was on clearance there and shipping was included. QVC listed is an clearance about a week after the Dooney store, but still charged for shipping. I've also found deals on specific bags and colors in department stores and not on QVC. If you find on locally, there's no shipping. If not, many department stores include shipping once you spend as much as you would for any Dooney bag.

I love my Dooney key fob, but I only need the first one I got. Now I give extras away. Some people sell them on ebay.