Occasional Contributor

Hi all,happy holidays and Merry Christmas....wondering if anyone here owns the Tessuta shopper...really looks beautiful and great price I found at I Love Dooney...any info appreciated...oh, and can someone verify the weight? Many thanks, and happy shopping !!

Contributor

Re: Dooney and Bourke Tessuta

The marine/coffee shopper was waiting for me when I got home on Friday. It is beautiful and very well made. It is a little on the heavy side. I would guess 2-3lbs? Sorry I don't have scales right now to weigh it. Positives: I love the look of it, smells like good leather and I can see why it retails for almost $500. I got it on sale at ILD too and I would not pay the retail amount, just my opinion. My coffee/marine looks more coffee at first glance. When I first unwrapped it, I thought they had sent the coffee by mistake. I would have bought the coffee if it was available for the price. However, I love the hints of marine and like I already said, the bag is beautiful. This was my first purchase from ILD and the bag came wrapped and boxed carefully. I especially liked that the box was discreetly labeled with no way to tell what was inside as it sat on my doorstep most of the day. Negatives: the longer adjustable handle will not lie flat when not in use. You can see what I mean in the 2nd photo on the Dooney site. It kind of bunches at the ends that are permanently attached to bag. That kind of bugs me so i tucked the strap inside bag when not using. It is not a dealbreaker for me. The shorter handles lay flat out of the way when using longer strap. This bag is made of actual strips of leather woven together as the description states. If you run your hand down the bag, especially the sides, you feel leather edges, so it is not smooth. It is what I wanted and I love it so far. I am wearing it today for the first time. I hope this helps. I'll try to answer any other questions you have. If you decide to get it I hope you love it as much as I do. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas! Edited to add: I plan to mostly carry by shorter handles. When carrying by longer strap, the top kind of bunches strangely when magnet is closed. It looks better without the magnet closure closed. Another strange thing about the construction is the leather wrapping/stitching ends on the front of the bag. It seems like it would have been easy for them to have it end on the back. This may be me being really picky. It blends in well and you REALLY have to look for it to see. I don't consider it a defect, I just want you to be informed.
Respected Contributor

I like the Tessuta but I would have to buy it at brick and mortar to see if the weight is too much for me. And I would have to look at the weaving to make sure that is is straight across the bottom. In the picture a number of the bags show that they did not piece the woven portion straight when attaching to the leather bottom. Might not bother most but would bug me. It's the kind of thing my eye is drawn to particularly since we are talking about lots of little squares appearing crooked. And Suz I would also want to make sure that the weaving is tight. I had a woven bag many many years ago when they were actually made in Italy and the weaving was tight and did feel smooth and supple to the hand. No buckling or roughness. Hope to see this bag in person at Nordies.
Occasional Contributor

Hi, thanks so much for the detailed description, I will be thinking about seriously, all today...I also have my eye on the Dooney Santorini Belted shopper . I can only choose one, so very hard decision. I recently sent back the last Dooney TSV as was a little on the heavy side for me. But, really was hard to send that one back as I really loved the looks of that bag. Thanks, Suz, and Shawnie for taking the time out of your busy days to answer my post. I am still getting my tree up, and finishing last minute decorating , whew, it really can be exhausting. But well worth it!!! Thanks again, you don't happen by chance to own the Santorini?

Honored Contributor

Should EEL ever come out of hiding... I understand she now has a curated collection of the Tessuta shoppers, so she might also be able to answer any further questions...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I picked up the Tessuta in the Dooney store. It's heavy, like the Dillen Chelsea.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the replies...sounds like it may be a little too heavy for me... Smiley Sad