Frequent Contributor

Dooney & Bourke/help with customer "service"

I bought a Dooney Alto bag from their website and it was delivered last week. I did not take advantage of their "easy pay" offer. Bag cost over $500, and for that, I guess I expected close to perfection.

Yesterday as I was struggling with packages, etc., and coming home, one part of the handle evidently broke and th threading completely unraveled, and suddenly the entire bag was on the floor.

I went to their website this morning - practically impossible to connect, long waits, etc. Tried calling - many prompts and then disconnects. Tried "live help" and tried to explain that I felt that I wanted to exchange the bag for a new one. Was told that that was not going to happen and that I had to ship the bag back to them and it would be repaired.

After spending that kind of money on what I thought was going to be a bag I'd have forever, am I wrong in wanting it replaced? After all the time and effort in trying to negotiate their website and their people, I ended the entire dialogue with disgust, dismay and simply broke down in tears of anger and frustration - at myself mainly for being such an idiot and spending so much money on obvious junk.

I am thinking of taking it to a shoemaker in my area that's very good and trustworthy instead. I hate even looking at the bag now. Any advice from those of you that are wiser than I am would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Boo-hoo {#emotions_dlg.mellow}