Super Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV. Who ordered it and what color?

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}On 2/8/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 2/8/2014 luv luv to shop said:

Ya either love it or hate it. No in between. I'm loving the pink, navy and seafoam, such awesome summer shades to me. Here's the thing. Solid leather bags I've been carrying all through winter just look dull to me during summer. The geometric is not dressy in any way but it takes casual to a new level. But I wouldn't wear it to an office. You could think of the chevron print as a way to take out your competition though.

Huh? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Joke, bad maybe? Some were saying the zig zag makes them dizzy.

Super Contributor

I saw the TVS at cracker Barrell today. The girl was carrying the black and white. I ordered the seafoam while waiting on my food.
Honored Contributor

I don't hate it but I don't love it... or want it. I just think it's kind of cloying and annoying and don't care for the Chevron either. A Greek key pattern might have worked better, but you know, I still wouldn't have wanted it. At the end of the day, I just don't like the bag and no offense to anyone, but to be perfectly honest, it doesn't look worth the price...

Dooney makes some very pretty 'novelty' and seasonal bags, but I guess, to me, this just isn't one of them... More to the point, I don't even usually buy the ones I find appealing, preferring to spend my money on more classic, less seasonal styles...

Agree about this as a beach or pool bag, though, even though it's coated cotton those leather straps don't work for me with wet hands, suntan lotion, sunblock etc... but I don't personally think it's too big for a tote, if I was in the market for a tote... I'm not. I wish they'd have done something else as the TSV...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

On 2/8/2014 funwun said:
On 2/8/2014 FunNurse said:

I just got this bag delivered in black (got it elsewhere). Love it! The straps are long enough at last to carry easily over my shoulder. The material is firm and holds it's shape. The inside is cheerful red. I did not have the color choices the Q is showing...what a hard decision! I will use this as a fun work tote.

Hi FN, may I ask...did you get it at a better price? I'm leaning toward the black myself...

I got it for "free" with reward points from my employer (Spotlight Points). It was basically $200 and no wristlet either. This is a very good price here on QVC. Macy's carries it in a few colors too but this QVC price is better now. Go for it!

Occasional Contributor

Here is some love for this bag (I just got this bag in black and white):

It is light weight!! As I age, my leather bags are feeling heavy loaded up with work papers and computer.

The coated cotton looks dressier than other fabric bags, offers some "protection" for ease of cleaning (I am known to spill coffee), and gives structure for sifting through.

It is large, something that works agreat as a carry on bag or tote, not so much a purse for me.

I am ready to take it for a spin, over this winter!

Lucky for us there are 1000's of bags in this world, something for everyone.

Super Contributor

I love the chevron print, but I don't think that I want a bag that large in it. There are some different styles in the same print, and I may end up with one of them. After this long winter, it just seems like such a cheerful pattern...in all of the colors.

New Contributor

I got the pink and I love it ! Perfect size, not heavy, fabulous coated cotton and leather - I looking forward to the patina of the leather against the pink and white - will love for years to come ! I think the perfect outfit will be a black pair of shorts, white linen top, silver sandals - come on summer ! I look at it as a sporty pink, not girlie and lace - I think it will be a great contrast to all the black and grey that I wear (:

Super Contributor

On 2/8/2014 FunNurse said:

Here is some love for this bag (I just got this bag in black and white):

It is light weight!! As I age, my leather bags are feeling heavy loaded up with work papers and computer.

The coated cotton looks dressier than other fabric bags, offers some "protection" for ease of cleaning (I am known to spill coffee), and gives structure for sifting through.

It is large, something that works agreat as a carry on bag or tote, not so much a purse for me.

I am ready to take it for a spin, over this winter!

Lucky for us there are 1000's of bags in this world, something for everyone.

FunNurse,

What a fun way to lighten up your work day, in more ways than one. Congratulations. You know, this pattern seems to cheer me up. In fact, it reminds me of a trip I took to Milan to visit all the designers, and among them MISSONI. This zig zag pattern is the flagship pattern of the Italian knit designers' which is known and respected globally. I've noticed many designers paying homage to Missoni through their globally designed zig zag patterns this spring.

Super Contributor

Would love to order it but don't use all the bags I have. They are like potato chips...

Respected Contributor

Resisted all day, finally ordered it in black/white. I think I am going to love it!