Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 15th

You type in the item number and it isn't 'up' yet anyway, so WHAT is the big deal?!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I don't understand Q's marketing strategy on TSVs either. One would think they would want to promote the excitement by allowing previews. In the past the build up generated on this bulletin board (and other places) has pushed Dooney TSVs to very high sales #s.

Maybe their quantities aren't as high as the anticipated demand or maybe they've reserved air time and don't want to have to reprogram.

It can't be that they are getting so many sales from the Insider to want to 'protect' that market segment. If that were the reason, surely with the availability of technology they could put everything on advance order and only release orders early for those who had also bought the Insider.

Some clever people have posted item numbers in the past, disguised as recipes, etc.

Honored Contributor

LJ, no point in posting item numbers this time, as of yet, anyway... Both numbers listed in the Insider come up shooting blanks... which, as noted, makes it all the more idiotic for them to continue to 'hide' the TSV. If it can't be ordered anyway, then WHAT is the harm in at least letting people see it...? Like so many other aspects of QVC's business "plan" this strategy seems not very well thought out...

Frequent Contributor

I don't care about the bag looks cheap to me. I won't pay what they ask for.

Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 ivyshop said:

I don't care about the bag looks cheap to me. I won't pay what they ask for.{#emotions_dlg.mad}

I hear ya. That's how I felt about the September bag. I didn't care for it anyway, but it just didn't look like Dooney to me, and hence my labeling it 'Dooney-lite'... I might change my mind on this one when I see it presented, but so far, I'm liking the look of it... It does seem clear though, that they continue to dilute 'real' Dooney bags in making these made for Q TSV's. At one time, you really couldn't tell the difference, aside from the designs weren't often generally available, but lately, the differences in leather and lining and accessories, etc. seem a bit more obvious.

Valued Contributor

Well, if they charge $270 for this bag..... let's say the wristlet is worth $70, so the bag is $200. Great value for a Dooney bag, but it's obvious they can't make it the same quality as their more expensive bags... explains why the logo lock hobo is still popular - only $270 for the amazing quality leather + the kiss coin!
Honored Contributor

The thing is the TSV bag is only 30 dollars cheaper than the Chelsea in pebble leather. To me the wristlet is basically useless, unlike the kiss coin. I'm fine with the chevron lining on the TSV but I don't like the luggage look of the contrast leather reinforcing the corners. Plus it's not as big. Comparing QVC's measurements for the TSV at 12 1/2 x 11 3/4 x 6 1/2 to the pebble leather Chelsea 14 1/2 x 12 x 6. I also prefer the seaming style of the Chelsea.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I agree, that wristlet is pointless and looks to be cheaply made, just as that last TSV's wallet did..., and while they might well try to sell if for seventy bucks, my guess is they'd have a lot left over for the monthly 'special' bin... I'd actually put it's worth at closer to thirty, tops, but that's me... Personally, as others have said, I'd rather see them lose the accessories in a case like this and sell the bag for twenty or thirty bucks less... The kiss lock is a rare exception but most of the 'accessories' have limited utility and, for the most part, mine end up stashed away somewhere, are rarely used, or are given away.

Honored Contributor

I guess for me, a TSV is only a good value if I'm getting an honest to goodness Dooney bag for a great price. If I'm getting a version that's too watered down then I wouldn't expect to pay much for it... This one might well be the test case for me, as far as how closely I follow future Dooney TSV bags... If I get it home and find it acceptable then fine, but if it goes back because it's Dooney 'in name only' then that'll definitely say something to me about how closely I'll follow future made for QVC bags.

Honored Contributor

I always use the extra accessory pieces offered with the TSV 's because I like matching items.The new Chevron lining will be something different, and the plum will be calling my name. The upcoming TSV is prettier, and has more detail than the Chelsea handbag in my opinion.