Regular Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 15th

On 10/11/2014 allthatsgood said:
On 10/11/2014 Krissie22 said:

Did any of you ladies happen to catch GF's upcoming Dooney's post last night? I lost interest in this bag when I saw the black patent satchel. Also, I prefer the Flo Chelsea shopper, and once tax and shipping figures in, this isn't that great of a deal, and I don't need the accessories. I'd rather wait and get what I want.

I carried my Flo Chelsa out of town last week and really enjoyed using her. If you decide to purchase, I think you will like her.

What color Flo Chelsea do you have allthatsgood?

Super Contributor

I bought the Natural for myself and the Chestnut for my daughter for Christmas. I would seriously like to have another one. I have the Dillen Chelsea in Sand. Mine has patined some, which I love. I do not mind the Florentine leather darkening at all. I just think it makes the bag look rich. Do you have a color in mind that you would like?
Honored Contributor

Did any of you ladies happen to catch GF's upcoming Dooney's post last night? I lost interest in this bag when I saw the black patent satchel. Also, I prefer the Flo Chelsea shopper, and once tax and shipping figures in, this isn't that great of a deal, and I don't need the accessories. I'd rather wait and get what I want.

Darn, I hate it when I miss GF's posts!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 10/11/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 10/11/2014 stevieb said:

Oh forget it! All bets are off! I was just looking at it again and it appears the longer strap is not even removable. Looks like they definitely made this one on the cheap, but aren't selling it that way! Not thinking I'll be going there after all.

That's a weird reaction....None of the Chelsea Shoppers have a removable strap?? Why would it be such a deal breaker? It looks like a pretty bag. My main concern is the quality of the mysterious "embossed" pebble leather.....

Not really so weird, TK. If I wanted another Chelsea, I'd opt for one instead and get one of the better leathers...

Wink

... But I already have a teal and a taupe Chelsea and I was hoping there was a little more to distinguish this bag than just the turnlock and the 'new' and shiny leather.

Honored Contributor

I carried my Flo Chelsa out of town last week and really enjoyed using her. If you decide to purchase, I think you will like her.

All... do you know if Buckley comes in Bordeaux? The Q is taking forever to restock it and so it's only showing in the blues, which I don't want, and the Dooney site has been whacked today... It might be back now, I'll have to check, but just thought you might know...

Regular Contributor

On 10/11/2014 allthatsgood said: I bought the Natural for myself and the Chestnut for my daughter for Christmas. I would seriously like to have another one. I have the Dillen Chelsea in Sand. Mine has patined some, which I love. I do not mind the Florentine leather darkening at all. I just think it makes the bag look rich. Do you have a color in mind that you would like?

Why yes I do - Natural! LOL. Then maybe Gray or Chestnut or Tmoro. I'm realizing that ever since the Flo's came out, I've flirted with other Dooney's, but only part with cash for the Flo's.

Super Contributor

All... do you know if Buckley comes in Bordeaux? The Q is taking forever to restock it and so it's only showing in the blues, which I don't want, and the Dooney site has been whacked today... It might be back now, I'll have to check, but just thought you might know...

I think it does. I tried to check the Dooney site earlier and this darned Internet wouldn't let me get there. I love the Bordeaux. If I purchase another Chelsea, it will probably be in that color and I would use it as a neutral during the winter.
Super Contributor

On 10/11/2014 allthatsgood said: I bought the Natural for myself and the Chestnut for my daughter for Christmas. I would seriously like to have another one. I have the Dillen Chelsea in Sand. Mine has patined some, which I love. I do not mind the Florentine leather darkening at all. I just think it makes the bag look rich. Do you have a color in mind that you would like?

Why yes I do - Natural! LOL. Then maybe Gray or Chestnut or Tmoro. I'm realizing that ever since the Flo's came out, I've flirted with other Dooney's, but only part with cash for the Flo's.

Girl, I like your possible choices. Chestnut is really pretty. I have the Domed Buckel Satchel in Chestnut and love this bag. I have not taken the Chestnut Chelsea I bought for my daughter out of the plastic but the color is luscious in it. I have the Domed BuckleSatchel in Chestnut and this is at the top of my favorites list. The T Moro is rich, rich. I think you would love it in any one of those colors. I see where the "Q" has some wait listed colors on the Chelsea, Sunflower and Raspberry. Peter did Raspberry a couple of seasons ago. He has not done Sunflower in Florentine to my knowledge. He did it in Dillen II and Pebble leather. He did Mustard in the Florentines when he did the Raspberry. Kelly Green is also wait listed. Of course he did the Flos and others in Kelly. These colors are not avaliable on Dooney's website to my knowledge as of early this am. I wonder if these are just for the "Q"?
Regular Contributor

Dooney website not working for me either. I've seen Crimson, which is gorgeous. Would love Bordeaux, hope Q gets more in if they make it.

Regular Contributor

<br />

Girl, I like your possible choices. Chestnut is really pretty. I have the Domed Buckel Satchel in Chestnut and love this bag. I have not taken the Chestnut Chelsea I bought for my daughter out of the plastic but the color is luscious in it. I have the Domed BuckleSatchel in Chestnut and this is at the top of my favorites list. The T Moro is rich, rich. I think you would love it in any one of those colors. I see where the "Q" has some wait listed colors on the Chelsea, Sunflower and Raspberry. Peter did Raspberry a couple of seasons ago. He has not done Sunflower in Florentine to my knowledge. He did it in Dillen II and Pebble leather. He did Mustard in the Florentines when he did the Raspberry. Kelly Green is also wait listed. Of course he did the Flos and others in Kelly. These colors are not avaliable on Dooney's website to my knowledge as of early this am. I wonder if these are just for the "Q"?

Dooney does these browns so well. Your daughter is a lucky girl {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}!

I need to venture out and try something other than brown or black, but I always chicken out and stick with conservative colors. I have the Domed Satchel on my wish list. Since the Kingston and Clayton recently went on clearance, I'm thinking it may be next.

I didn't see any Flo's in GF's post of upcoming Dooney's. There is an all black patent satchel (surely comes in other colors) that is shaped like the Bristol but smooth on the front, and it's gorgeous. Lots of different skins - lizard, croc, snake etc., and they were all gorgeous as well. They all looked to be versions of the Samba line, though, the ones with the locks on them. I don't care for those locks and I don't think they can be removed. Also some new coated cotton. Hopefully she/he will post on the Purse forum as well.