Super Contributor
Hi Stevie, I don't own Dooney Saffiano but do own it in Minkoff...I find most mid-range Saffianos to be comparable...it's definitely a durable leather, easy to maintain but does have a stiffer hand which can be interpreted as "plasticky". As far as the look of Saffiano, it's a personal choice...I happen to like it...it has a texturized appeal . Btw, I did not buy the TSV yesterday lol!! If I have a change of heart, I'll buy "as is" lol!!
New Contributor

I have an orchid-colored one that I got at the Dooney outlet. I didn't pay attention to what the leather was called, but it looks a lot like the leather on the zip zip. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. The leather does not seem plastic to me, more like a modern stylish leather.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all who participated. I love Saffinano leather. I also like the Saffiano pattern in some vinyl bags. Like most, I prefer really nice bags, but am not opposed to the occasional 'man-made materials' purchase. For the record, I have some less expensive Saffiano bags (both leather and non-leather) and some very nice leather ones and all Saffiano leather, as was noted by others, is not created equal... There is nothing remotely 'plastic' about, say, a Lauren Saffiano bag. Regardless, though, of the level of 'nice', I really like the look and the structure and if that Dooney Zip-Zip had been just a little bigger, I'd have been all over it! Interesting, I see threads by people pleading for smaller bags and yet I have to wonder why so many bags aren't just a tad larger!

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
On 9/17/2014 stevieb said:

Thanks to all who participated. I love Saffinano leather. I also like the Saffiano pattern in some vinyl bags. Like most, I prefer really nice bags, but am not opposed to the occasional 'man-made materials' purchase. For the record, I have some less expensive Saffiano bags (both leather and non-leather) and some very nice leather ones and all Saffiano leather, as was noted by others, is not created equal... There is nothing remotely 'plastic' about, say, a Lauren Saffiano bag. Regardless, though, of the level of 'nice', I really like the look and the structure and if that Dooney Zip-Zip had been just a little bigger, I'd have been all over it! Interesting, I see threads by people pleading for smaller bags and yet I have to wonder why so many bags aren't just a tad larger!

Wink

I'm with you on that one! LOL