Valued Contributor

Dooney Pebble Leather Domed Satchel w/Accessories, A240161

Hi all. I just ordered the Dooney Pebble Leather Domed Satchel. I absolutely love it and was wondering if anyone who has this bag could tell me how they are liking it. It looks a little smaller than the bags I usually buy, but it is such a beautiful bag - I couldn't resist! If you do own it, could you tell me if you are finding it roomy enough on the inside. I appreciate any insights you can give me - thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Pebble Leather Domed Satchel w/Accessories, A240161

Quite a few comments on this thread from last week.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/dooney-bourke/topic/432919/a240161-db-domeed-satchel.aspx

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Thank you so much, Stevieb!

Valued Contributor

How do you like yours, Stevieb? I ordered the brown and palomino. I wish it was a little wider as well, but do you find you have enough room inside? That's my main concern.

Honored Contributor

I've always tended toward larger bags, so it's small for me, but somehow it's working. I'm loving this little bag. I started with brown and then got ivy, then palomino and have decided I'd sort of like one in every color, except I don't really want the red... I'll probably also skip the new aqua, (assuming it's ever actually available) although I bet it's gorgeous in that color. I'd definitely like to add blue, black and caramel and would love to see the new ivory. It's a little ridiculous to have the same bag in all those colors and I might well change my mind, but though it's a bit small, this little bag seems to own me...

Wink

I definitely wish it was just a little wider. If it was and had a slightly larger outside zip pocket instead of that slip pocket, this might well be a near perfect bag...

I can carry most of what I think I'll need, but clearly on a day when I plan to haul a lot of stuff, I opt for something larger.

Super Contributor

I fell in love with the blue

edited to add.......LOL.....to me it's big Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

Thanks Stevieb! I can't wait to see it for myself. I always purchase larger bags too, so it will be interesting to see if it will work for me. Irishrose136 - I hope it's big to me too!

Honored Contributor

Arianny, I ordered the blue one today from as-is and was surprised to see they have almost every color for quite a bit less. I've gotten a couple of these bags as-is and every one has arrived in pristine condition. Might be worth taking a look. There are never any guarantees but if you get a bag that doesn't meet your expectations they can still be returned.

Frequent Contributor

I also ordered from the As Is and I am hoping it arrives in good condition ( got the palomino)

Saw this bag on the Dooney Site, looks like the 2 bags could be "cousins"(similar shpae- different leather) . I think that the Bristol may be alittle wider? :

L 12" W 7.25" H 9.5" Bristol- Dooney Site http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=68985&minisite=10020&respid=22372&dbdcc=...

OVC Domed Satchel 11"W x 10"H x 6"D

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

The Bristol is in Florentine leather right...? The dimensions listed are different, but I also wonder if they aren't pretty much the same size and as is so often the case, the different retailers are merely measuring them differently. I'd love for the Q's version to be a bit wider, but it's plenty deep enough. I know at one point for the same bag QVC, DB and Zappos all had different measurements but after speaking to CS at two of them (I didn't call QVC) it was clear the size was uniform, they were each simply measuring it differently. I can see how the height and width measurements could vary but would be curious how it could vary over an inch in the depth.