Respected Contributor

Dooney Camilla Tote - Caiman (Croco), Sahara (Ostrich) & Alto - Anyone Have?

I'm hoping that some who owns one of these bags can tell me how it is wearing and whether or not it has feet on it.

I like it in every style, but it is pricey and I want to spend my trade-in dollars wisely.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney Camilla Tote - Caiman (Croco), Sahara (Ostrich) & Alto - Anyone Have?

I don't own any of these, but have also drooled over them. The one thing I have noticed is that they are open on top. So I've been able to resist.... not my style.

Call Dooney (either CS or one of the retail stores) and ask about the feet.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney Camilla Tote - Caiman (Croco), Sahara (Ostrich) & Alto - Anyone Have?

Thanks, lavender. I never thought about calling one of the retail stores. I called the customer service and all they did was read me the description. On occasion, I have found that they forget to put the fact that there are feet on the bottom in the product description.

Honored Contributor

I covet this bag in green croco... Absolutely covet it!

No idea on the feet and sadly, no I don't own it so can't weigh in on it in any way other than, well, did I say that I really covet this bag?!

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Yes, I saw that Sahara version today on the website and nearly went crazy. I am sending back an Alto Nile on the trade-in program, and I really want to buy the Camilla but if it doesn't have feet I will have to pass.

Honored Contributor

On 6/5/2014 Favorite Son said:

Thanks, lavender. I never thought about calling one of the retail stores. I called the customer service and all they did was read me the description. On occasion, I have found that they forget to put the fact that there are feet on the bottom in the product description.

Yea, because for the price of that bag, it would've absolutely crushed them for someone to actually have to do a little research and maybe get back to you... I'm sorry, but I continue to think that Dooney's CS is among the worst I've encountered.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 6/6/2014 stevieb said:
On 6/5/2014 Favorite Son said:

Yea, because for the price of that bag, it would've absolutely crushed them for someone to actually have to do a little research and maybe get back to you... I'm sorry, but I continue to think that Dooney's CS is among the worst I've encountered.

The stores are much, much better. I called the Reading outlet and got my question answered right away. On top of that, yesterday I learned that certain bags in the Alto collection (not the newest styles), can be purchased at fifty percent off, shipped direct from the warehouse. Who knew? The Viviani bag is not in that subset of the collection that is available for shipping at half off. I am going to return my Alto Nile to Connecticut and use the credit to get the Viviani. So I bought Isabella, and I am returning the brown snake Roma 2 that doesn't really suit me.

Respected Contributor

Favorite son: Glad you got the info you wanted and are ordering the handbags you want. Some of the outlets are really great and will take phone orders for shipment at their sale prices. I've ordered from Clinton, CT, Reading PA, and Las Vegas Dooney outlets. Sales seem to change every month. If they have the item in their store, they will send you that one. For other items, they will have it sent from the warehouse, if it is available.

Not all outlet sale items can be sent and sometimes special prices are in store only. But in general, if you call them (not on a weekend or holiday when they are super busy) they are very helpful and will tell you what is on sale. I spend far too much money this way.... It's so easy to add another handbag to your collection. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} And I've been very lucky with the handbags I've gotten from these 3 outlets.... I ask them to look over the handbag before sending it to be sure that it isn't damaged and the zippers work. I know I'm more picky than most, but if they give the handbags a once over, at least they will find any obvious problems. Return policies vary, depending upon what kind of sale, so there is some risk.