Honored Contributor

I know it's hard to believe, but I don't know this brand personally.  Cat Surprised

If you have tried on or owned boots by DJP, what do you think of them?

I saw these on eBay and I think they're smokin' hot.Cat Very Happy  Of course, the seller does not accept returns, only exchanges for size and there is only one pair per size.

Thoughts?

Respected Contributor

I have been buying Pliner shoes and boots for years. Good product. I do not care for a square toe. The front of the boot looks very long, another thing I do not like in a shoe. I have a question....if you buy a size and it does not fit and the next size is sold out do you  have to keep the boot that does not fit? I would not buy anything that you can't return, I do not care how much you save.

Honored Contributor

HIs shoes are well made and are loved by those who have issues with their feet.

That said, this style is not one I care for (not that you asked). The pointy square hurts my toes and I have narrow feet. His sizing can vary depending on the style. Believe it or not, I purchase mine via HSN or Nordstrom due to their return policy and HSN offering Easy Pay. He also features styles on HSN that you can't get anywhere else (as well as those offered on his site and HE stores).

Before buying of ebay, I would try on his shoes/boots and see what you think. To know them is to love them but ONLY if they fit, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Heartthe color, Heart the heel, Heart the toe !!

Respected Contributor

I have a gazillion pairs of D J Pliner shoes, but no boots.  Those have no toe room.  Also, I'm off the 3-4 inch heels.  My favorite are soft sandals with flexible rubber soles.  Watch those high heels...they may do you in!

Respected Contributor

You can't go wrong with Pliner.  Excellent quality and style.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

I have quite a few pairs of DJP and the quality is excellent.  I find the fit differs by style.  Generally I'm a 6.5 in fall and winter but go up to 7 for summer shoes.  There have been 2 occasions I needed a 7.5 in sandals. (I hate my toes and heelat the very ends of sandals)

I cannot believe you (of all people) have not purchased DJP before!

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@lolakimono

I have quite a few pairs of DJP and the quality is excellent.  I find the fit differs by style.  Generally I'm a 6.5 in fall and winter but go up to 7 for summer shoes.  There have been 2 occasions I needed a 7.5 in sandals. (I hate my toes and heelat the very ends of sandals)

@lulu2

I am a 6.5, but I usually get a 7 in boots.

These are supposed to be the "Couture" line, but of course what appeals to me is the PINK!

I know it's surprising that I haven't purchased DJP before!  Cat Embarassed

These are the other contenders (similar price range) but the sizing is iffy and they ship from England.

Buy Dune Black Orsen Classic Block Heeled Ankle Boots, Pink Online at johnlewis.com

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

@lolakimono

@lulu2

I am a 6.5, but I usually get a 7 in boots.

These are supposed to be the "Couture" line, but of course what appeals to me is the PINK!

I know it's surprising that I haven't purchased DJP before!  Cat Embarassed

These are the other contenders (similar price range) but the sizing is iffy and they ship from England.

Buy Dune Black Orsen Classic Block Heeled Ankle Boots, Pink Online at johnlewis.com

I'd choose these in a heartbeat.  The DJP would be what Oprah always referred to as "sittin' shoes."  The problem with European sizing is sometimes a 7 is 37 and sometimes it's a 38.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2

@pommom

@Justice4all

@roxxy1

@SahmIam

Okay, so I decided to go in a different direction based on your feedback.  I am going to pass on the DJP boots for the reasons you all mentioned (extreme pointy toe, sizing, no returns, one per size, etc.), so thank you for your input.

I looked at the suede ones (that I shared with lulu2) for a long time, but I really wanted leather and not suede, and I was concerned about the mixed information on their site RE sizing and the easily scuffable heel.

I found these, also only one remaining in my size (SIGH!) and they are also coming via international shipping, so I won't get them for a while.  The description says "hot pink" but the color says "red grenadine", so I guess we'll see what they look like when they arrive.  They are returnable.

I shall refer to them in the future as my "appendix" boots, a little treat for my trials and tribulations.Heart

Iro Rosaria ankle boots