Frequent Contributor

Does the Shiny Cream Snake fade to matte

I love the look of the Cream Snake Hobo but not crazy about how shiny it is. If anyone owns it in the Roma 2, can you tell me if it will start to look more matte. Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: Does the Shiny Cream Snake fade to matte

I was also wondering if the Brown Snake is also shiny.

Contributor

I received the brown snake today.. Not shiny.. Just a little sheen to it, very nice. The creme snake is supposedly a little shiny, I think it's the same as the Roma2 leather, I had it and returned it because the strap didn't work for me. It was definitely more shiny than the brown snake. Hope this helps!
Frequent Contributor

On 10/27/2014 corkel2 said: I received the brown snake today.. Not shiny.. Just a little sheen to it, very nice. The creme snake is supposedly a little shiny, I think it's the same as the Roma2 leather, I had it and returned it because the strap didn't work for me. It was definitely more shiny than the brown snake. Hope this helps!

Does the shininess of the cream snake make it look cheap?

Contributor

I had the creme snake in the Roma 2, not this new hobo, but I think it's the same, in my opinion, it doesn't look cheap, maybe just a bit more dressy? I think I want the creme snake too!
Regular Contributor

I have the cream snake Roma. I wouldn't call it shiny at all, not like it shows on TV. I was surprised by how much I love it, it looks so rich and beautiful. Not rich as in money, but rich in quality. You could carry it with anything and be a showstopper, and so far mine has not faded.

Frequent Contributor

Will the cream snake fade? If so, why? I apologize for the question, but I have only ever purchased smooth or pebble leather handbags. Lately I seem to be attracted to these other skins (croco, snake aaannnd ostrich).

Valued Contributor

On 10/27/2014 nowpurple said:

Will the cream snake fade? If so, why? I apologize for the question, but I have only ever purchased smooth or pebble leather handbags. Lately I seem to be attracted to these other skins (croco, snake aaannnd ostrich).

I'm curious too, because this is my first time getting brown snake. I haven't received it yet. The anticipation is killing me Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I think all of these bags show up more shiny on TV than in person. Truth be told, pretty as it is the chestnut croco could stand to be a tad more shiny in person that it ended up being! Still, a beauty though and a keeper!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

On 10/28/2014 stevieb said:

I think all of these bags show up more shiny on TV than in person. Truth be told, pretty as it is the chestnut croco could stand to be a tad more shiny in person that it ended up being! Still, a beauty though and a keeper!

Oh, stevieb, that's a disappointment to me. I just put mine in process but it looked like it had a nice sheen on tv. I wish I had ordered the cream snake now. I've never liked snake items, but that looks so beautiful and rich.