New Contributor

Re: Does anyone have experience with...

Well I must say, I am a huge fan of Rioni , I also found them looking up pre owned LV's. Yes they do have several bags and luggage pieces that are very similar to LV obviously inspired by the LV house. But they also have many pieces nothing like LV. The craftsmanship is impeccable if not as good as an LV especially for the price point. I have at least 15 of them so far. I get so many compliments on my bags especially when I get to show how well it's made. There are several lines that are like LV, Frank Farmer, Misty Collection, Pollini that could be acuzed of the same thing. Even Gucci,Dooney and Fendi also have pieces similar to LV. Many of us working middle class with mortgage loans, student loans children, aging parents can't really afford a $3000 bag but buying a beautiful Rioni bag is just as wonderful.
Trusted Contributor

For those of you who have posted owning Rioni bags, does anyone have either of the two Boston bags? If so, could you tell me how you feel about the sizing of the small versus the large? I know the sites list the dimensions, but I'm so bad about getting the feel of the size just from written dimensions. Sometimes that doesn't reflect interior space so well.

Also, does anyone have the drawstring bucket bag?

I like the look of these bags, and they seem to get rave reviews for construction.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of them, but their bags look beautiful.

New Contributor

@ blueroses47, I have close to 20 Rioni bags unfortunately none of them are the Boston bag, maybe that's next on my list Smiley Happy. Check out sites like ebay or poshmark.com where you see pictures of how they look on someone's are. You can also find some pretty good deals on slightly used bags,barely worn, nevery worn Rioni bags from time to time, I ve bought a few this way. Clean them up with a little apple guard or Loving My Bags and they look brand new...just a quick tip Smiley Happy. Here's something you should check out....https://www.poshmark.com/ listings/516cb37cd0ec2305c00039f3. Also check out Rioni's online catalog there should be some photos of the Boston bag being modeled. You can also request a print catalog for free it does take some time to get it in the mail. Good Luck
Trusted Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Elaine2k said: @ blueroses47, I have close to 20 Rioni bags unfortunately none of them are the Boston bag, maybe that's next on my list Smiley Happy. Check out sites like ebay or poshmark.com where you see pictures of how they look on someone's are. You can also find some pretty good deals on slightly used bags,barely worn, nevery worn Rioni bags from time to time, I ve bought a few this way. Clean them up with a little apple guard or Loving My Bags and they look brand new...just a quick tip Smiley Happy. Here's something you should check out....https://www.poshmark.com/ listings/516cb37cd0ec2305c00039f3. Also check out Rioni's online catalog there should be some photos of the Boston bag being modeled. You can also request a print catalog for free it does take some time to get it in the mail. Good Luck

Thanks Elaine, for responding. I hadn't checked back to this thread for more responses because it was getting old, and I thought no one was answering, sorry.

In the meantime, I did get the small Rioni satchel and liked it so much I bought the cream colored one in the larger size, which isn't all that much larger. I love them both. I really would like the drawstring as well, but I'm trying to wait for a while.

I bought both from Overstock because there were discounts available.

Again, thanks for the information, now I'm going to check that poshmark. com that you suggested.

Trusted Contributor

I have never heard of Spartina, so I looked at their website. It seems that they are linen (not cotton like VB), plus with the leather trim they can't just be thrown in the wash. So unless the fabric is coated, I would be concerned about keeping the linen clean.

Regarding Rioni bags, there are some at Overstock.com if anyone is interested.

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 blueroses47 said:

For those of you who have posted owning Rioni bags, does anyone have either of the two Boston bags? If so, could you tell me how you feel about the sizing of the small versus the large? I know the sites list the dimensions, but I'm so bad about getting the feel of the size just from written dimensions. Sometimes that doesn't reflect interior space so well.

Also, does anyone have the drawstring bucket bag?

I like the look of these bags, and they seem to get rave reviews for construction.

BR, I have two Boston bags (black and off-white) and love them. I think mine are the 'larger' but it is by no means a bag I would consider large. They are deep, but not terribly long or wide. Personally, I can't imagine wanting them to be smaller, but it depends on personal choice and how much you tend to carry. Sorry, I can't compare the two sizes because I've not seen the smaller versions of these bags. Because of the depth, the interiors tend to be pretty sizable. I also like the outside end pockets on the larger bag.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2015 blueroses47 said:
On 1/26/2015 Elaine2k said: @ blueroses47, I have close to 20 Rioni bags unfortunately none of them are the Boston bag, maybe that's next on my list Smiley Happy. Check out sites like ebay or poshmark.com where you see pictures of how they look on someone's are. You can also find some pretty good deals on slightly used bags,barely worn, nevery worn Rioni bags from time to time, I ve bought a few this way. Clean them up with a little apple guard or Loving My Bags and they look brand new...just a quick tip Smiley Happy. Here's something you should check out....https://www.poshmark.com/ listings/516cb37cd0ec2305c00039f3. Also check out Rioni's online catalog there should be some photos of the Boston bag being modeled. You can also request a print catalog for free it does take some time to get it in the mail. Good Luck

Thanks Elaine, for responding. I hadn't checked back to this thread for more responses because it was getting old, and I thought no one was answering, sorry.

In the meantime, I did get the small Rioni satchel and liked it so much I bought the cream colored one in the larger size, which isn't all that much larger. I love them both. I really would like the drawstring as well, but I'm trying to wait for a while.

I bought both from Overstock because there were discounts available.

Again, thanks for the information, now I'm going to check that poshmark. com that you suggested.

Sorry, both that I didn't answer your earlier post sooner and that I didn't see this one before posting, above, but it appears as though you're happy with you bags! I love their off-white bags! They are so pretty. I also purchased sort of a trapezoid satchel by them in that color that is gorgeous and have, for want of a better term, a briefcase style bag in both white and brown that I love, though it's kind of narrow. More recently, I added a black shoulder bag that's turning out to be a great choice! I also have on layaway a bone color pebble leather bag from them with black trim that I can't wait to pay off and begin using, as the seasons change. Rioni makes some very nice bags and the prices aren't bad at all.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...