Regular Contributor

Does QVC assume we all have problems with our fee

and that's why all they seem to offer is orthopedic shoes.  They are so unattractive.  Even the VInce Camuto's they have are unattractive.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Does QVC assume we all have problems with our fee

A lot of the stuff they sell is to fix something, make you look taller and thinner, younger.

Solve hair and skin issues, hide real or imaginary body issues, lift up “The Girls” and your rear end.

You’ll look chic and upscale.
Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
A lot of the stuff they sell is to fix something, make you look taller and thinner, younger.

Solve hair and skin issues, hide real or imaginary body issues, lift up “The Girls” and your rear end.

You’ll look chic and upscale.

You are SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

So true.

Honored Contributor

Most older women (QVC demographic) do have some issue with their feet.  We were young during the extreme pointy toe era and are now paying the price.  Today's stilleto wearers will have similar issues.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Most older women (QVC demographic) do have some issue with their feet.  We were young during the extreme pointy toe era and are now paying the price.  Today's stilleto wearers will have similar issues.

I never wore super high heels when I was younger and my feet look pretty good, but it's amazing to see how many (younger than me) women have bunions etc from that 

Honored Contributor

A lot of women past their 20's have some type of foot problem or will develop them wearing glamour foot wear and most women today want comfort and style.   If its high fashion in shoes you want QVC is not the place to buy shoes.  I think a lot of their styles are cute.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

They may be unattractive to YOU, but that doesn't mean they are to all the QVC shoppers out there.

I was and still am a 'stiletto' girl. 

However, wearing cheap flats with no support or arch is painful for me due to previously broken feet and ankle bones...and no...I didn't fall off my heels!  LOL

I have MANY pairs of Vionics and I think they are just adorable.  I have a couple pair of Earth Origins, while not claiming to be orthotics are completely designed for proper support.

There are a couple lines I wouldn't wear in a million years.  However, I have friends that love them and think they are the cutest ever.

I have gifted them to younger girls and they love them too.  Not all 'orthotics' are unattractive to all people.

Esteemed Contributor

They know their client base, for most all products.

Honored Contributor

@AvalonRose wrote:

and that's why all they seem to offer is orthopedic shoes.  They are so unattractive.  Even the VInce Camuto's they have are unattractive.  

@AvalonRose Eileen Fisher as all of the shoes on the Dillards site are 40 percent off.

Esteemed Contributor

I have problems with my feet due to achilles tendinopathy in my left ankle. I never thought I would have foot problems but I am not going to wear ugly looking orthopedic shoes either.

When I look at the Footwear News website

Footwear News

(and I have been looking at their website every day for at least 4 years), I quickly realized that the industry is run by a bunch of men. I doubt that there are very many women who are actually designing shoes for women at all, let alone women who need comfortable shoes.

My experience shoe shopping during a pandemic has not been a particularly fun one even though I was looking forward to stores re-opening. I have a lot of shoes already so stores are going to have to work a lot harder and make shopping fun to get my shoe money. Putting on kitchen bin liner sized plastic bags over my feet before I try on a pair of shoes isn't going to get me to buy shoes or even visit that store again.