Honored Contributor

Does Anyone Own Pikolinos Sandals?

They are very pricey but oh so cute,so just curiious in your opinion if you feel they are worth it? Also do you feel they run true to size?Thanks!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Own Pikolinos Sandals?

I don't own Pikolinos sandals,but I do own 4 pair of Pikolino boots. I love them. Quality leather and construction and good fit for my hard-to-fit feet. I don't usually size up. I buy from Zappos,so if there's a size issue,easy and free returns. Definitely worth it in my opinion. My boots just went thru their third winter and they still look good. Design is still in fashion,too. Let us know if you take the plunge.
Contributor

I have two pair of Pikolinos sandals (same style, two different colors). They are well made and look gorgeous, but unfortunately they so uncomfortable that I will have to donate them. The problem is that they are gladiator style, midcalf shaft height, with zippers up the back. The zipper tops dig into my skin when I walk. It is so bad that the tops actually dig a bloody raw spot into my skin. I can only wear these sandals if I wear large Band-Aids on my legs to protect my skin. That means I can't wear the sandals unless I wear long pants to cover the bandages. It defeats the purpose of having a pretty gladiator sandal, if you have to hide most of it.

I've learned my lesson about shoes with zippers up the back -- never again!

As for sizing, the Pikolinos ran a little short on me because they are Euro sizing. The Euro sizing is often a problem for me, fitting either a half size too small or half size too big, depending on the brand.

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much Ladies. I think this is the type of Sandal that I would need to try on in person, or get them from a website that offers free returns....I appreciate you taking the time to respond!!!!!

Occasional Contributor

I just got a pair of them in a huache style from Zappos because of free shipping both ways.they are true to size and feel like slippers. They wear pricey but worth it. Finding myself grabbing them all the time.
Esteemed Contributor

I own two pair of Pikolino boots and can't say enough about how unbelievably comfortable they are. I have a 10 block hike from the subway to my office and they're like wearing slippers. I'm looking into buying a few pair of sandals too. Totally worth the $$$$.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat