Occasional Contributor

Do you think yesterday's FLY LONDON TSV was a SUCCESS?

I love Fly London so much and so I couldn't wait for the TSV, but I was surprised how few sell outs there were through out the day and on the TSV itself. Every other time I watched FL shows, things would sell out right and left. So it was odd. Maybe they just brought a lot more quantity?  So.....I am wondering what others think. Do you think the Fly London TSV turn out was a disappointment to QVC?

I feel like they expected it to do much better.  Just curious about what others think.  I don't want Fly London to ever leave QVC and I would love more TSVs from them....so I hope it was considered a success. Maybe you veterans have a better feel on these things, I would love any opinions from whoever watched yesterday.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think yesterday's FLY LONDON TSV was a SUCCESS?

I love Fly London.  I bought the "gold" toned ones, but I wanted every color.  

I also like Miz Moos and wish they'd have a TSV.   

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I like that brand, too. I didn't buy, was very tempted to get the blue ones though.

Problem is other sites carry FL in similar styles, many at cheaper prices or at least free shipping and free returns. I think QVC has to find some way to deal with length of shipping and shipping costs in order to deal with other online sellers.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I do agree about the shipping costs!  I LOVE that FLY LONDON does free shipping on QVC!  But, you are SO RIGHT if QVC doesn't evolve with all the other sites, and start offer free shipping, or AT LEAST COMBINE SHIPPING, I think the may be on the way out!  And the usual $11 on shipping a pair of shoes, is awful.  I often will go for the AS IS versions because they usually seem like new and are more competitively priced, but they have the $11 shipping.

I do know....if you want to get Fly London for half, go to Amazon UK, although pound to dollar conversion isn't great, most of the Fly London shoes are still under or close $100 US dollars and shipping is LESS FROM THE UK THAN ON QVC.  QVC just has some styles you cannot get anywhere else....like the AMAZING YOLL ghillie style, I think it is their best style you cannot get anywhere else and also right now I cannot find the Yame style anywhere else.

Respected Contributor

Unless you are familiar with Fly London and/or have worn them, the price was a hard sell. There wasn't much to the shoes. And like someone else mentioned, other sites have better prices and free shipping. I have a few pairs, I like them, but passed on the tsv

Occasional Contributor

We have similar taste in shoes, I love Miz Mooz. Have you ever heard of Mjus or A.S.98, the later mostly sold at Sundance or Freepeople here in the US. They are expensive but are the coolest show I have ever seen. I am crazy for those too. 

My Fly shoes are my everyday shoes....I over 10 because they are so comfy.

Super Contributor

I don't watch the Q, so I didn't see a presentation. I looked at the program guide and saw them. I would never by them or any wedge. After being on my feet five days a week in spiked heels, I ruined my legs. If I stepped wrong I would break an ankle wearing a wedge. Most doctors say without hesitation how dangerous these types of shoes are.

I know all the brand's shoes aren't wedges, but I'm not going to pay the price. I can buy new Birks for almost half of what this brand costs. It seems that the items Q is pushing are for younger women. Or they choose an old style like the Celebration diamonique earrings that are years and years old.

I look at these things and say, "Get ready for the Christmas days and weeks. They will be in every show as they try to get rid of the old stuff."

Q is a sad place because I was all in when it had quality and unique merchandise. I feel sorry for customers who weren't around when Q was at the top of their game.

tea

Occasional Contributor

I have been with QVC awhile and I think the brands they carry are BETTER than they used to be. I remember the day when the big jewelry was Black Hills Gold, nothing wrong with that but now you can get Barbara Bixby.  And adding Fly London was a risk with the higher price point but they took a chance and I have loved Fly London for a long time.   Their issue is not evolving to match the competition as far as shipping, costs and time.  The days of shipping every item for a different shipping cost, not combining, never offering free shipping no matter how much you spend, are OVER. And if they don't figure it out, I don't see how they will survive. Unfortunately.

As for the lady who cannot wear a wedge, I too have damaged my feet and legs from the crazy stiletto and platform shoes, which is why I love Fly.  I love them BETTER than Birks.  They are not normal wedges...not by a mile.  They feel like tennis shoes.  I have never worn a more comfortable shoes.  Plus, I feel their style is very fashionable and forward thinking, not to mention the quality is amazing. I have gotten shoes on QVC that were expensive that felt so cheap, usually designers that add shoes to their lines have horrible quality. These are ONLY shoes and I have saved my feet wearing these....and I don't feel like a frumpy old woman. They are cool on and even a bit sexy.  Maybe give them a try.

Honored Contributor

How would we ever know if the sale was a success?  We have no idea what number QVC or FL had in mind as a target. 

I have no idea how many they sold -  although I do think I heard someone say they were above 18,000 and that was mid-afternoon.  There was a whole show at least coming up when I went out for the evening.

In addition to selling 20,000+ (that's a guess obviously) of that one show, FL also sold hundreds and hundreds, maybe thousands and thousands, more shoes yesterday.  Even without sellouts of the TSV, both QVC and FL may have been very happy.

Even if all they had sold all day long had been just the TSV and all they sold of it by the end of the day were 20,000, that's over $250 million.  All the rest of the shoes they sold cost even more than the TSV and they were selling well when I watched, so add on more $$$.

I'd call their day a success.  Would they?   I hope so.

Honored Contributor

QVC seems to be very good about selling a variety of items that appeal to many age groups.  I think most of the older, more conservative viewers are much not interested in Fly London as the style is too extreme and frankly, to many, quite unattractive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment