Contributor

Re: Do you think VB has lost its popularity?

I am new to VB bags and so far just love the two I have purchased. I am addicted to handbags so I have many different styles from many designers. I don't find the VB bags to be expensive compared to other designer bags. I do think they will be a spring/summer type bag for me (reside in the Pacific NW). What I really like about them is how incredibly lightweight they are and the fact that they don't slip off my shoulder. I have and like baggallini however, the slipping factor of those bags drives me crazy! My personal style is more relaxed (Sundance catalog, Lucky Brand, etc.) so the print doesn't need to match anything I'm wearing as long as the colors are all incorporated. Anyway, I hope they remain available for years to come!

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/16/2014 misschristy said:

I don't understand how these bags achieved such popularity. The prints are so busy, they are over-priced. They seem so unsophisticated to me. Even if I wanted a beach bag, or diaper bag, there are way nicer prints out there.

misschristy, thank you so much for sharing those thoughts with those of us that love our Vera bags {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I'll keep your opinions in my mind the next time I go shopping for another Vera bag.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Every 3 months or somI get out my trusty can of Scotch Guard Fabric Protector and spray the heck out of my VB's. leave them out to dry. Sine the protector is only a spray on it does wear off so I repeat every 3 months. I also,spray them when I first get one. I think it really helps keep them clean.
Super Contributor

On 5/4/2014 sunala said:

I don't understand how these bags achieved such popularity. The prints are so busy, they are over-priced. They seem so unsophisticated to me. Even if I wanted a beach bag, or diaper bag, there are way nicer prints out there.

misschristy, thank you so much for sharing those thoughts with those of us that love our Vera bags {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I'll keep your opinions in my mind the next time I go shopping for another Vera bag.

HI Sunala, I'm in agreement with you. If women don't like the Vera Bradley bags, they don't have to buy them. Leaves more for us!!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/8/2014 Pepper22 said:
On 5/4/2014 sunala said:

HI Sunala, I'm in agreement with you. If women don't like the Vera Bradley bags, they don't have to buy them. Leaves more for us!!!

Hi Pepper! I know, isn't it silly? We're minding our own business, enjoying our Vera chat, and some busybody has to come here and try to spoil it.

Yeah right, like she could! Enjoy your beautiful bags {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

sunala, I know I'm not going to let anyone keep me from enjoying the ones I have and buying more. Right now I'm carrying the Caroline bag in the ribbons pattern in memory of my dear Mom who passed away from breast cancer 7 1/2 years ago. A special memory on this Mother's day

Respected Contributor

I like the bags and think they are well made, machine washable, are great for travel or taking anyplace, really.

I do wish some of the prints were toned down a bit, but overall I still enjoy carrying these bags.

They are still popular in my area.

Super Contributor

Hi Sunshine Kate. They are real popular in my area. I like that they are light weight & washable. I agree that they are well made also.

We will just keep on enjoying them!!

Take care

Contributor

On 3/22/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 3/22/2014 kittymomNC said:

I was looking for a retired pattern "Botanica" VB medium sized bag, and scored a real deal on eBay! A hobo bag that would have sold on QVC for $50-60 when it was a new pattern, I got for $27.00 on a Buy It Now. I must have looked at 500 bags in that pattern because I wanted the pattern to show a lot of the pink flowers on the front (it's black background, with pink flowers and green leaves), also wanted outside pockets, so I was being very particular. Also got one in another retired pattern, Lemon Parfait, which is gray with yellow and turquoise. Both of these are new with the tags still on. The new patterns are also available on there, and you might find a deal on an auction basis. They have so many you can find just about any retired pattern.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

kittymom, I love Botanica and would love that pattern, Lemon parfait is cute too! I have bought several from the Bay, I also use Buy it now and free shipping. I like many of the retired patterns too..you got a great deal, isn't it fun??

Botanica was my first, and is still my most favorite Vera Bradley pattern. I have it in the wallet, large duffel and the hipster. I wish they would bring it back in a limited edition!

Honored Contributor

Whereas, to me, I love the vivid, happy colors. With my back, they aren't too heavy and hold a lot of my stuff. There's mixtures of colors, I would never have tried before now. The price is right to me. You'll have to share where you've found some nicer prints, cause I love these and am open to any possibilities. Do share.