Super Contributor

Re: Do you think VB has lost its popularity?

On 4/1/2014 godspell said:

I think Vera Bradley bags are ugly!! Just looking at them reminds me of diaper bags from years ago. I don't care what print they have (and I'm a huge bag lady) they are ughh!!! Just going into a store and seeing them give me a headache. There's a store in Jersey shore that got a large selection about a year ago and he said he made a major mistake because he's stuck with the inventory. Also over priced I don't understand why someone would want to carry a handbag made of cotton.

Why do people who hate a certain product feel it necessary to spew their hatred on a forum meant for fans?

Trusted Contributor

I think Vera Bradley bags are ugly!! Just looking at them reminds me of diaper bags from years ago. I don't care what print they have (and I'm a huge bag lady) they are ughh!!! Just going into a store and seeing them give me a headache. There's a store in Jersey shore that got a large selection about a year ago and he said he made a major mistake because he's stuck with the inventory. Also over priced I don't understand why someone would want to carry a handbag made of cotton.

Well thank you , little Miss Sunshine. You have given me incentive -to purchase two more bags.

Snark off! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

Just purchased 2 more totes for friends who happen to LOVE VB. Shocking isn't it?

Trusted Contributor

My guess would be yes. As I mentioned in a different post, I see VB bags at thrift shops all the time some for even as low as a couple of dollars (even when in good shape). To be honest I think a lot of people consider them a little old ladyish and yes I am an old lady but I don't care for them myself. I've always thought they were way overpriced for what they are.

Contributor

I just ordered my second Vera accessory: the accordion wallet in Floral Nightingale Smiley Happy Perfect for springtime!
Valued Contributor

On 4/1/2014 Poppet1 said:

Why do people who hate a certain product feel it necessary to spew their hatred on a forum meant for fans?

ITA

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/1/2014 nafecar said:
On 4/1/2014 Poppet1 said:

ITA

A first time poster as well- they created a nic specifically for this!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see anyone carrying them. I have an overnight bag & one I use for my yarn, so maybe they are.

Valued Contributor

Well, I hope so because that will mean more for me to choose from and I won't have to put them on wait list so much.

Esteemed Contributor

I see women carrying them all the time, even in the winter.

I'm teaching Mr. Sunny how to identify a Vera bag. Sometimes he'll comment to a woman, "Is that a Vera Bradley bag?" It cracks me up!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett