Valued Contributor

Re: Do you think VB has lost its popularity?

I think if you ""follow"" trends then yes it might be played out. Here in MD/DC a lot of people are on the M. KORS wagon. I don't see a lot of people carrying VB but I like them and I carry my bags.

Honored Contributor

Would never interest me as a purse to carry, would clash with everything. perhaps as a nice beach bag.

Honored Contributor

I think their popularity waxes and wanes...they seem to have a loyal base of customers and kids ""discover"" them all the time.

Honored Contributor

No is the simple answer, but I do think VB is a niche sell, not ever going to be a Dooney or a Coach or some other pricey line.

As for the price? The initial prices are higher than other cotton bags, but if my limited personal experience is worth anything, they're worth that price as long as you really like what you buy and use it.

Some years back, I decided VB was too pricey for a cotton bag and bought a cheapy imitation. I'm pretty sure I carried it twice - and didn't feel comfortable with it either time. I just hate to toss items in decent shape, but that cotton bag went into the thrift bag last time I scoured my closet. No idea what I was keeping it for - and at a cost per use -- it makes my VB a great buy!

Honored Contributor

Not from what I'm seeing. I love them!!! Seems like a lot of other ladies do too. Watched the show with Jackie last night and she was wonderful and loves this product too. It was a great and fast 2 hr show.

Respected Contributor

There are VB bags for sale everywhere locally (upstate NY). Just at our local mall, we have a dedicated VB store, and the same stuff is available within other stores as well. At least 4 places to buy VB in one good size mall. Someone is buying, so I can't see it becoming unpopular, at least not yet.

I love VB, but I think I have enough.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.lol}Please don't say that too loudly around my husband. (The bit about, "enough now").

Esteemed Contributor

I was looking for a retired pattern "Botanica" VB medium sized bag, and scored a real deal on eBay! A hobo bag that would have sold on QVC for $50-60 when it was a new pattern, I got for $27.00 on a Buy It Now. I must have looked at 500 bags in that pattern because I wanted the pattern to show a lot of the pink flowers on the front (it's black background, with pink flowers and green leaves), also wanted outside pockets, so I was being very particular. Also got one in another retired pattern, Lemon Parfait, which is gray with yellow and turquoise. Both of these are new with the tags still on. The new patterns are also available on there, and you might find a deal on an auction basis. They have so many you can find just about any retired pattern.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2014 SAM OHIO said: I have never understood the popularity of these bags, they are cloth and they would get dirty very easily. I have never liked any of the prints or styles. So I scratch my head over this trend.

Most of them are machine washable. I've washed mine and they come out perfect.

I like them mainly in the summer. I wear solid clothing, and a lot of neutrals, so I like Vera bags.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

There are VB bags for sale everywhere locally (upstate NY). Just at our local mall, we have a dedicated VB store, and the same stuff is available within other stores as well. At least 4 places to buy VB in one good size mall. Someone is buying, so I can't see it becoming unpopular, at least not yet.

I love VB, but I think I have enough.

That's where I first got into them. I was in Warwick NY and saw them.in shops. Then in Lafayette, NJ there is a great store.

Sadly here in the NW, there aren't as many stores. My sis and I toy around with opening one ourselves.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero