Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think VB has lost its popularity?

I went to a meeting last Tuesday and many of the women there had VB bags. I normally don't notice them, but we had tables to stand at during the cocktail/social hour and many of them had the bag on top of the table, so you could see them when you walked in the room.

This is a suburban DC group of HR professional women, so I can see this being popular here. This same HR profession also has a group in DC proper and they all carry leather bags and totes.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

I have wondered the same. Looking at their website, you have a lot of sales going on. I don't see that many being carried anymore. In fact, I have gotten rid of mine (5) because I just didn't carry them. The patterns seemed to clash with whatever I was wearing and that bugged me. Now in the future if I buy VB again, it will be in a solid color like their black or pink or blues that they offer. But no more prints for me.

Regular Contributor

The newer prints from this last year just haven't been to my personal liking so I haven't purchased anything in over a year. I may get an emily satchel but I don't need another black bag and the microfiber colors of hot pink and bright blue weren't appealing to me either. I wish she would remake some of the designs in microfiber brown.

Respected Contributor

I wear the Vera Bradley Large Hipster bags, and I own several prints in different colors. They are light-weight, pretty, and well-organized. I use a cane now, because of back problems, and it helps me to carry a light-weight crossbody bag. I know they aren't for everyone, but they work for me. The only problem I have is that sometimes a print doesn't work with what I'm wearing. Then I might carry one of my Coach crossbody bags.

I even bought a couple Disney Vera Bradley bags, and they are very cute.

I have a couple large tote bags (not Vera), but they are heavier, and I don't carry them often (only when I need to carry papers, etc.).

Respected Contributor

Each to their own. I have a duffle that I use as my carryon when I travel because it's lightweight, holds a lot of stuff and is different enough that I always know its MY bag. I also bought their computer bag when it was offered and that has had daily use for 2 years and is still going strong.

It's like a lot of things - people like different things.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess for some people, they're over Vera Bradley bags. Maybe they've been using them for many years and just got tired of them.

As for me, I've been using them for two years and I'm nowhere near tired of them! I eagerly wait for each season when the new patterns and styles come out. If I like one, I have to have it, although I always wait until they're on some kind of sale or I have a coupon.

As other posters have stated, we all have different tastes, different needs, and different ideas of how we want to look.

As I've said before, Vera bags make me smile {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

My favorite VB is the Camillia pattern but it is now retired. You can still find this pattern on-line or at a VB outlet store. I first fell in love with this pattern when I purchased her in a weekender. Since then I have added a few more of this pattern to my small collection. I love wearing Camillia with a nice pair of dark jeans and a black top as the only colors in the pattern are black, white, gray and oatmeal - - not an extremely 'busy' pattern.
Super Contributor

Hi benzgirl, great to see your post!!!! I like the simplier patterns & colors also. Some of my favorite are Cocoa Moss, Deco Daisy, Night & day& Olivia Pink. I truthfully don't need another bag, but I'm always on the lookout for something I don't have in those prints.

I hope you're doing great & have a great summer.

Take care, Pepper22

Occasional Contributor

Vera Bradley hasn't really lost popularity IMO, as sales have been skyrocketing. Many people I know carry them, and I have many bags from there. Good quality and are great for all ages.

Occasional Contributor

DONNA SHARP bags are amazing! Prettier patterns by far! I always get compliments on mine. And i love the pockets inside. She also sells beautiful quilts!

Why is there not a QVC show for her?