Respected Contributor

Re: Do you think VB has lost its popularity?

I don't own any of the Vera patterned bags, but I do see women carry them. Most of the time they don't match anything they are wearing.
Super Contributor

Polyurethane is now used in lieu of polyester for the "fill" ... so for me, the purses nor duffel is no longer billowy as before. My collection started when VB was made in USA .... and many years ago, a store clerk told me ... "We don't tell the customers they are made overseas." I stopped buying VB due to the polyurethane material.

Super Contributor

I never thought I would buy any VB. Then 2 years ago, I was asked to run the VB Booth. The person who donated all the items -90 prizes-had extras and was selling them to friends for $10 each. I bought a pink design that I love. I'm a pink & purple person, so my bag does match what I wear. I also bought a black & white shoulder bag that can be a clutch. If I wear a colored top & white slacks, it looks great. I use it if I get more dressed up.

Last fall VB came out with Heather and I fell in love. For my b-day my mom got me the hipster, the crossbody/wristlet wallet, the eyeglass case and the scarf. The scarf I wore all winter with purple and raspberry. I can't wait for warm weather to use my heather purse.

Vera Bradley Signature Print Mailbag

I also purchased a tote 3 years ago with loads of pockets and organization. It has held up beautifully.

I do agree - teens seem to be into M Kors now. Talk about $$$$$$.

Honored Contributor

I haven't bought a VB bag in 3 years, I don't like the patterns they offer. I also don't see as many people carrying them as before, so maybe people have moved on.

Esteemed Contributor

I never bought the "bags." I bought the travel items, as in duffle, or messenger, etc. I also bought the sleeves for my tablet. I like the weight or the lack of it when I travel. But in reality, how much do I really need? And once bought it lasts a long time. I mostly bought sale items at really discounted prices. VP is not going to get rich on what I purchased at the prices I paid. I bought by PRICE and the color or pattern never really mattered.

Honored Contributor

I don't own any VB bags but I still see them - and also knockoffs - a lot. I think they are still popular though perhaps not as much as in years past.

I think there will always be women who want the prints but more prefer a less busy look for their bags. I think VB is smart to add those.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2014 kittymomNC said:

I was looking for a retired pattern "Botanica" VB medium sized bag, and scored a real deal on eBay! A hobo bag that would have sold on QVC for $50-60 when it was a new pattern, I got for $27.00 on a Buy It Now. I must have looked at 500 bags in that pattern because I wanted the pattern to show a lot of the pink flowers on the front (it's black background, with pink flowers and green leaves), also wanted outside pockets, so I was being very particular. Also got one in another retired pattern, Lemon Parfait, which is gray with yellow and turquoise. Both of these are new with the tags still on. The new patterns are also available on there, and you might find a deal on an auction basis. They have so many you can find just about any retired pattern.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

There are incredible sales every so often on ebay directly with Vera Bradley, the prices are through the roof amazing. When I first got the ebay email I thought they were just promoting the various sellers on their site. Nope! - this was through Vera Bradley and the prices were lower than I've ever seen. And I primarily shop the vb site with coupons - or the outlets (never retail!).

In terms of popularity, yes. They're everywhere I go in central NJ! I see the solid colored items in Manhattan more so. I generally prefer the non floral patterns - baroque, the recent canterbury patterns, canyon - dogwood too (just a little flowery!). I also have puccini and barcelona from years back.

A big 'wow' to the color block tote, my most recent purchase. Just a bit of Vera (minimal patterns) and the bag is so well made, sturdy as anything!!

Super Contributor

I would love if they made more patterns similar to the "Botanica". It is beautiful. Still I live in SW Florida. VB is EXTREMELY popular here. From little girls to more mature ladies. If you go to any of the amusment parks here - everyone is carrying them, from Hipsters to Backpacks.

Not applicable

I think Vera Bradley bags are ugly!! Just looking at them reminds me of diaper bags from years ago. I don't care what print they have (and I'm a huge bag lady) they are ughh!!! Just going into a store and seeing them give me a headache. There's a store in Jersey shore that got a large selection about a year ago and he said he made a major mistake because he's stuck with the inventory. Also over priced I don't understand why someone would want to carry a handbag made of cotton.

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2014 godspell said:

I think Vera Bradley bags are ugly!! Just looking at them reminds me of diaper bags from years ago. I don't care what print they have (and I'm a huge bag lady) they are ughh!!! Just going into a store and seeing them give me a headache. There's a store in Jersey shore that got a large selection about a year ago and he said he made a major mistake because he's stuck with the inventory. Also over priced I don't understand why someone would want to carry a handbag made of cotton.

I see that you're new here and that this is your first post. Welcome. You've certainly given VB fans something to think about. I bet that right now they're all ditching those ugly diaper bags.

What's next on your agenda, godspell?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland