Honored Contributor

Do northerners really wear boots all winter?

The Q sells tons of boots. I’m always fascinated by this. I live in South Florida and I never buy boots and I never see anyone wearing them here. Are the people up north wearing boots all fall and winter? How many pair of boots do you own? How many do you buy for a season? I’m just curious.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do northerners really wear boots all winter?

When I was in high school and college in Pennsylvania,  I never wore boots.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Good question.  As a born and bred northerner, I will answer.

I have a variety of boots.  From fashion boots to functional boots (for the blizzards).  I wear boots sometimes and sometimes I wear shoes.  It depends on how cold it is, how much snow there is, and where I am going.  

Options are good up here, as we have a variety of weather.  Same with coats.  I have a ton of coats for different seasons.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Frequent Contributor

I'm from Michigan and we love our boots. I have about 6 pair ranging from snow boots, ankle boots to knee boots, and I'm probably on the conservative side compared to some women. I have bought 2 pair so far this season and I'm working on a 3rd pair.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you are in cold weather, and if you are out often, you tend to wear long pants and boots.  It’s really that simple.

Plus it could be fine in the morning but when you get ready to leave from work in the evening it could have snowed all day long. Wind chill is another problem brrrrr. 

I have Clarks boots, and they don’t go out of style very often so I don’t necessarily buy new ones every year.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not a big fan of boots, but I dislike cold feet even more. I wear snow boots when it snows and tall shaft boots when it's cold outside if I'm wearing a skirt and short fashion boots when it's cold and there's no snow. I live in Western NY. We have lots of cold snowy weather and this year it started earlier than usual. 

Honored Contributor

It's cold up North so if you want warm feet you need warm boots, there doesn't have to be snow on the ground. I have 3 pair of warm boots.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not a big fan of boots, but I dislike cold feet even more. I wear snow boots when it snows and tall shaft boots when it's cold outside and I'm wearing a skirt and short fashion boots when it's cold and there's no snow. I live in Western NY. We have lots of cold snowy weather and this year it started earlier than usual. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a northerner, but I wear boots all the time...Bearpaw to be specific. I have like 10 pairs of them LOL...They are super comfortable and keep my feet very warm. Oh, and I"m in TN

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

i'm in New England and i wear a variety of boots all winter. when i worked i wore winter boots to work and changed into  heels  with my work outfits but those days are long gone!