Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Ever Buy Cheap Sandals?

Not anymore.  I stopped buying cheap sandals and shoes when they started hurting my feet too much. 

Honored Contributor

I wear the foam type flip flops around the house and deck during the summer.

Honored Contributor

I buy Dawgs & Crocs........$40ish.    Don't really know how "cheap" that is.    The pavement reaches 180° here......so I need good sole insulation...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

My favorite cheap shoe store, Payless, is filing for bankruptcy.

I'll miss them.

Woman Sad

Not from Payless; they're too cheap. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

It's been years since I purchased any shoes at Payless. In the past I've bought some good knockoffs of Uggs, Reeboks and other brands there but nothing lately. Their shoes just got too cheaply made for my feet; I need some padding now and I don't mind paying more.

I agree, I now have a couple pairs of vionic flip flops and I discovered Cheeks on HSN and I have a pair from Italian Shoemakers that I purchased locally that are the most comfortable.  Payless does have a nice selection for kids but they are not inexpensive.

Respected Contributor

I also had to wear cheap shoes at a kid and never have since I have made my own money.  I have nothing against cheap clothes but cheap shoes causes a lot of pain and misery for me.  By the time you buy three pair of cheap shoes that get worn once, you could buy a better pair.  Having said that I have had many good shoes that got worn once because they were painful. 

Respected Contributor

I know I am in the minority, but I buy cheap shoes all the time.  My feet are fine with it. Plus, I've had some cheap shoes last for years.  So, I will miss Payless if it ever leaves my area. (We have several around the area, so I hope not all will go.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

When I was young, I wore any price shoes with seemingly little problem.  Now I suffer terribly from plantar fasciitis. (have been in a boot and/or PT for 12+ weeks) No more cheap shoes for me. 

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina

No, I don't buy cheap sandals. I learned a long, long time ago that my feet require good shoes or I will be in bad pain. 

I hope you find another store to replace them. Losing a favorite store is hard. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I agree, I now have a couple pairs of vionic flip flops and I discovered Cheeks on HSN and I have a pair from Italian Shoemakers that I purchased locally that are the most comfortable.  Payless does have a nice selection for kids but they are not inexpensive.

I think Italian Shoemakers is a very underrated brand. My mom always said shoes made in Italy were the best. I have only a few pairs of sandals from them. But I do wear supportive shoes and sandals.

I am trying to convince DD to stop wearing her Old Navy flip flops so much in the summer. I wore Birkenstocks right out of college - I still wear them; she and her friends wear Old Navy flip flops in the summer, but she does wear low black heels to work. Going out, the 4" heels come out! I have no foot or leg problems, and I think that is due to supportive shoes and no 4" heels!  Smiley Wink