Honored Contributor

Re: Do Birkies run true to size?

On 6/9/2014 sherrisuzanne said:

Okay thank you! I want the floral beach ones, but the reviews aren't too great on them................

I have the beach ones in a "fireworks" pattern. I love them! It's so nice to wear something in the summer, not only to the beach and pool, but if it's a rainy day out. They have been in every wet condition imaginable and still look brand new. I will say the rubber inside footbed is not quite as comfortable as some of my others, but I can clean them under running water and they're fine. I have gotten some of my other leather or Birkis wet and muddy by accident too, and with a little Dawn dish soap and water they've come clean too. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm not really careful with my Birkenstock sandals!

I ordered my beach ones in my regular size and they were fine.

I know there have been other threads on this - but I think why we're seeing everything on clearance is because the company is going through a major "restructuring." Every time I see that word I get nervous. I "discovered" QVC through a Google search for Birkenstock. I've worn them over 25 years, we moved, and I couldn't find a good selection up here. Claudia was the rep and I thought she was great and very knowledgeable about the shoes.

I hope they stay true to their German roots and don't become a clone of some of the other QVC brands! Smile

Super Contributor

I have some Birkenstocks and I have a size 8 foot. I have to go up a size in this brand of shoes.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/8/2014 annabellethecat said:

I have now well over 100 pair of Birkenstock shoes all ordered from QVC.

I received a pair last week. I ordered exactly the size I always ordered. Guess what! They are too big.

It doesn't make sense. Something is wrong. They are all on clearance. I don't know what's going on.

Can you imagine? Over 100 pair of the same kind of shoes and suddenly one pair is too big.

They are going back. I don't know what to tell you. I ordered a pair for my granddaughter. Her's were too big but for the usual reason.

Mine .....well, I can't explain it.

I don't have that many, but I have several; all ordered from different places, all the same size, all fit. I am dismayed to hear that may not be the case anymore.

If you really want them, order two pair in different sizes and that way you can be sure to get them. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Esteemed Contributor

I have many pairs of Birkenstocks/Birki's --- several from QVC that I purchased around 6-7 years ago. I purchased 15 pairs from 6pm.com around 6 months ago. I wear 7 C/D in regular shoes --- and in all my Birkenstocks/Birki's I wear 37 narrow - with the color filled in. The regulars are too wide for me. I'm wearing a white pair of Birki's maryjane right now and they fit perfectly (from 6pm.com). They run WIDE.

Contributor

I just bought my first pair of Birkenstock Gizehs from Zappos and can't say enough great things about it! Why didn't I buy these sooner? I am a size 6.5M and I can comfortable wear a 36 Regular with adequate room all around my foot inside the shoe.