Super Contributor

Dillards's end of month additional markdowns

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has heard from a sales associate at Dillard's if they will be having their end of the month sale where they have an additional % off of their already marked down items? Maybe if someone is in a Dillard's store this weekend, they could ask. I know the last time I was in Dillard's (about 2-3 weeks ago), they had SO many racks of markdowns in every single department so I cannot imagine they wouldn't have their sale next week.

Tami

Honored Contributor

Re: Dillards's end of month additional markdowns

You can call your local Dillard's and ask.

Super Contributor

Unfortunately, I have tried calling the store and they will not give out that information. Their sales are very hush-hush until the day when it is announced in the newspaper or via email to their customers. They don't want their customers to stop shopping the few days previous to the big event. If someone has a really good relationship with one of the sales associates, they MIGHT leak the information ahead of time, but even then it is hit or miss.

One time I had a SA tell me that they are not told ahead of time when the additional % sales will be, that they walk in on a certain morning and all of a sudden it is announced. I find that hard to believe since there would have to be so much preparation for these big sales.

Tami

Honored Contributor

I recently signed up for emails from Dillards because I was always missing the best deals.

I've heard the same ""we never know ahead of time!"" from sales associates at different stores. I don't completely believe that but it really doesn't matter. The bottom line is I don't know. It never makes me buy non-sale items; I walk out w/o buying anything.

Respected Contributor

Their ad says an additional 40% off marked down prices, at least today and this weekend here.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

Our local Dillard's had the additional 40% off on Wednesday, Feb. 26.

Valued Contributor

If you are a Card Holder, you get to shop the Wednesday before the public sale (extra 40% this time; extra 30% last time) starts on Thursday...in this case, it started 2/26 for Dillard's Cardholders, and it started for everyone else on 2/27 (thru 3/1).

I used to get an email on the Tuesday just before...to notify me that I could shop the Wednesday before the rest of the public, but I didn't get one this time. I lucked out and went online to pay my bill, so I saw it then!

I must update my email preferences with them, I guess?

I do well purchasing for my infant/toddler grandchildren with these sales!

*The sale wasn't quite as good this time - not as much inventory....

Super Contributor

I did receive the email for cardholders on Tuesday evening, so I shopped online that night and in person during the day on Wednesday. Got some amazing deals, such as $16.00 cashmere sweaters, $20.00 Code Bleu jeans, $5 scarves.

Tami