Respected Contributor

Re: Did anyone hear Jane Treacy's Christmas gift suggestion with the Clark's shoes ?

I think we all agree giving a teacher a gift of shoes is a silly sales pitch. I think Jane's income makes her out of touch with the amount most of us can spend for gifts for family and friends. I tip service people an extra amount during the Christmas season such as my hair stylist and massage therapist.
Super Contributor

Re: Did anyone hear Jane Treacy's Christmas gift suggestion with the Clark's shoes ?

Too bad she isn't leaving too! We can all hope.

Trusted Contributor

I'll put a few in my gift closet. Maybe the kids' bus driver would want a pair
Super Contributor

On 10/23/2014 NYC Susan said:
On 10/23/2014 Remee said:
On 10/23/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 10/23/2014 Remee said:

Gazelle, don't be so ridiculous. I didn't say a thing about ME gifting shoes. I know better! I'm discussing the fact that Jane would think it a logical gift from a parent to a child's teacher. Does that make sense ?????

I was funning with you! Relax and do not be so defensive.

And I'm supposed to know this...how ? I don't know you, and you didn't use any emoticons, or type" lol" or anything. I take everyone seriously here unless they indicate otherwise.

FWIW, I thought it was obvious that Gazelle was joking.

Remee, I agree with you that giving shoes as a gift for a teacher would be very strange. Too expensive, too personal, too unlikely that the correct size would be bought, and just too strange! Not everything is suitable as a gift for everyone, no matter how much the hosts on QVC would like us to think that's the case.

I don't watch Jane, but I do enjoy reading things like this here because I find them very entertaining. As the holidays get closer, we are going to see more & more desperate attempts to make a sale, so I'll just sit back with my popcorn (deer optional!) and continue to be amused!

Kiss

Yes, I forgot about the "dear" deer ! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I don't have access to that, but I have seen it often. This would be a good place for it !! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I'm so happy this thread is turning into funny humor as Jane really infuriated me, even though I knew how ridiculous her statement was. I get sick of her ongoing chatter, and I usually never even have her on. Now I remember why !!! But when I recently learned that every host gets paid bonus checks if and when they create high sales in certain product categories, I now know how desperate they can get. Since she has a shoe show every Thursday night, I guess she will say just about anything to make a sale. Even though, to say that about her sister and suggest it is totally pompous and beyond belief. You would think a host would always want to maintain credibility above all else.

Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago Jane suggested giving a Dooney & Bourke as a teacher gift. I guess she can afford it with her salary & 30% off.

Respected Contributor

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Respected Contributor

On 10/23/2014 gazelle77 said: You do not gift shoes to your children's teachers? Where have you been?
LOL,gazelle77....gifting shoes to teachers is so last year. This year I'm giving boots!! My hairstylist gets a Roma tote ! ;-)
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/23/2014 chessylady said: I think we all agree giving a teacher a gift of shoes is a silly sales pitch. I think Jane's income makes her out of touch with the amount most of us can spend for gifts for family and friends. I tip service people an extra amount during the Christmas season such as my hair stylist and massage therapist.

I don't think she's out of touch at all. She's very well aware of the various income levels of the QVC audience.

I know many people who are far, far wealthier than Jane, and they are not at all out of touch. As a salesperson, Jane should be more in touch than most!

So I don't think she's out of touch, despite how "above us all" she tries to act. I think she's just throwing everything out there to see what sticks. They all do it to some extent, but some are more obvious & ridiculous about it.

Kiss

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/23/2014 ROMARY said:

I'm guessing that folks with lots of spending money do gift their children's' teachers with very, very nice gifts. It's just the way of the world. Spreading the wealth around by gifting isn't so bad.

Yes, of course.

But SHOES??

Kiss

Respected Contributor

My daughter teaches at a very nice private girls school in DC. She got a range of things ...lots of home made cookies and candy ,Nordstrom gift cards,Vera Bradley bag,etc. But shoes?? Who even knows a teachers shoe size? Lollol