Honored Contributor

Re: DOONEY, PLEASE TAKE THE RED AND GREEN OFF THE FLORENTINES

On 12/31/2014 author said:

Actually that green suede was one of the most appealing things to me when the Florentine collection first came out. I have 3 now, and one new one on the way, and still love opening the bag and seeing and touching that buttery soft classy dark green suede.

It's an elegant touch, and keeps the fold-down part of satchels soft and malleable. The suede on mine looks new even though the bags have been used a lot.

Love it in the tassels too. I don't mind the red zipper as it is indicative of the "style" of Dooney (Florentine) but would prefer them tonal with the leather color.

I agree, I still rub mine and enjoy the soft suede whenever I open my Flo bags.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I like the red and the green which are eye-catching and spice up the handbags! They add a bit of Italian elegance, I think...

Valued Contributor

I personally don't like it and I also wish they would step outside of their box and come up with a cute dainty pattern for their lining.

Super Contributor

I absolutely love the red and green touches. My problem is that my Florentines are becoming wayyy too heavy for me over the years. They're my favorite, but the time is coming. I did purchase a black canvas one last year and carried it often. By the way, does anyone carry a canvas bag in the winter?? just wondering.

Honored Contributor

Although I own and love the Florentines with the red and green, I would love to see some without it as another choice.... I'd buy a style without the red and green! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Just received the medium toggle crossbody in Violet, totally prepared to return it as I usually go for more classic colors, but fell in love instantly. Wow, the color in the Florentine is sumptuous and feels wonderful on, and I can wear it shorter too by taking out the middle part of the strap. Because it IS so different from my usual I think it will be just what I need!

The Violet is a very intense color, and the green suede is on the inside edge of the top, then it is the red lining, which I thought would annoy me. However, the suede only shows to me when I open the top and it feels great as I use the interior. The red is fine. I'd prefer something lighter colored but the red is soooooo much better than a black or dark colored interior.

No zipper or tassels, the toggle is gorgeous and easy to use. Love the Florentines.

If they continue to use this color combination it is fine with me.