Respected Contributor

Re: D&B Pebble Leather Domed Satchel w/Accessories

On 6/21/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

skyblue: the Croco fino satchels and hobo were on sale at the dooney outlets earlier in the month. And they were able to ship them at the sale price (+ $7.50 for shipping + tax). Don't know what the return policy would be, you would have to ask, and there was no easy pay... But the price was amazing... under $120! I've ordered by phone from several of the outlets (Reading PA, Clinton CT, and Las Vegas) so I know that these outlets will ship if this handbag is available. And I've found them very helpful as long as you don't call at a busy time on a weekend. So if you want to call, do it first thing Monday morning. And I hope they still have the blue one in stock or can have it shipped from the warehouse at that great price.

I got the blue croco fino satchel (and a few other colors {#emotions_dlg.devil2}) and also the Tmoro in the hobo. The hobo is even less expensive and it's much lighter in weight. My favorite colors in the croco fino are the blue, ivy, bordeaux, and the tmoro.

The phone numbers are on the Dooney web site under the locations tab at the bottom of the home page.

OH NO, LAVENDARJUNKIE! You're killing me! Enabler extraordinaire, down to the very last detail! Haha!
Respected Contributor

skyblue: It's my pleasure to help a fellow handbag collector get a great handbag and save lots of $$$ in the process. Hope you can get the handbag you want. The sale price on the Croco Fino at the outlets iwas so good it's like paying for only 2 of 6 EZpays.

Respected Contributor

On 6/22/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

skyblue: It's my pleasure to help a fellow handbag collector get a great handbag and save lots of $$$ in the process. Hope you can get the handbag you want. The sale price on the Croco Fino at the outlets iwas so good it's like paying for only 2 of 6 EZpays.

You're a doll! Many thanks!!!
Valued Contributor

I almost ordered this one in Brown.... it's so pretty.... but I already have so many bags and just can't afford getting another one.... esp that I have a few in Brown... I'd love to get this one in red if it is ever coming back....

Valued Contributor

Well, I did order this bag after all.....in brown....2 days ago...AND it is STILL "in process"!!!!!!! Makes me wonder if they have one at all.......

Super Contributor

I ordered the bag in Palomino when it was a TSV last Fall. It definitely was not "worth" the hyper-inflated "price tag" they claimed the bag and accessories to be, and I thought the wristlet was very cheaply made as well as the zipper on the top. They were talking the Florentine price range (and quality), for a pebbled leather handbag with "belts" on it? I don't think so! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} I returned my bag the day after I received it.

The aqua was pretty, but I didn't take the bait, knowing that it wasn't worth almost $335 when taxes and shipping would be tacked on.

Valued Contributor

On 6/25/2014 maryebrown said:

I ordered the bag in Palomino when it was a TSV last Fall. It definitely was not "worth" the hyper-inflated "price tag" they claimed the bag and accessories to be, and I thought the wristlet was very cheaply made as well as the zipper on the top. They were talking the Florentine price range (and quality), for a pebbled leather handbag with "belts" on it? I don't think so! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} I returned my bag the day after I received it.

The aqua was pretty, but I didn't take the bait, knowing that it wasn't worth almost $335 when taxes and shipping would be tacked on.

maryebrown - thanks for this post! I went ahead and cancelled my order. I do like the bag, but it doesn't seem like they have a brand new one in stock, otherwise it would have shipped sooner!

Super Contributor

On 6/25/2014 tough_kitty said:

maryebrown - thanks for this post! I went ahead and cancelled my order. I do like the bag, but it doesn't seem like they have a brand new one in stock, otherwise it would have shipped sooner!

Yes, if it takes awhile to ship, the Q may be waiting for a return. I read the reviews, and I look at the worst first - oftentimes, they all have something in common. Savvy shoppers don't like paying full price for a used bag. Wink

Honored Contributor

On 6/25/2014 tough_kitty said:

Yes, if it takes awhile to ship, the Q may be waiting for a return. I read the reviews, and I look at the worst first - oftentimes, they all have something in common. Savvy shoppers don't like paying full price for a used bag. Wink

They really, truly did jump the shark on their fantasy land 'retail' price for this one... They had it in the four hundred dollar price range to begin with and I noted at the time what an utter joke it was... It's a very cute bag, but I agree the 'accessories' add nothing to the mix. I've only bought this one from the 'as-is' bin. Even that price is a little high, but it's reasonable if you get a good one. I ended up with a couple of colors from as-is but had to send one back, as it was missing one of the four feet. Personally, I don't think it should've been sent out like that, but hey, it IS 'as-is', I guess... The one that went back was the palomino and I'd still like something in that or a similar color...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Stevieb, I didn't like the Bristol bag, but when I saw this one, I thought it was cute and I liked the "milk chocolate" brown....and figured I could use one more smaller handbag.....but looks like they advertise the inventory they don't have! I understand it takes longer to shipboard you place your order on the weekend but mine was placed on a Monday and still in process on Wednesday afternoon!?!?! Oh well, it wasn't meant to be....and it looks like this one was an exclusive for QVC?? Or it's totally sold out because I couldn't find it anywhere else.