Regular Contributor
I love this bag but not the new lock hardware. Does anyone know if there is another style of this bag without the new lock hardware? TIA!
Honored Contributor

Re: Croco Fino Belted Shopper

So far, I think all the belted shoppers have the lock, either in Samba, Crocofino or Lizard... Maybe someone else knows better, but I think this is a newer style for Dooney and right now, appears to have only been offered in the newer leathers with the lock... I'd love one of the new croco silhouettes, but, sadly, without the lock.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

Well I ordered the santorini grey lizard this weekend and it is supposed to arrive Friday. Ordered from a local dept store and had a 30% off coupon so I will see about the lock. I actually like the look of the lock but dont like the added weight.

Honored Contributor

On 11/19/2014 neverenoughCPJ said:

Well I ordered the santorini grey lizard this weekend and it is supposed to arrive Friday. Ordered from a local dept store and had a 30% off coupon so I will see about the lock. I actually like the look of the lock but dont like the added weight.

I can see where the weight is a factor too... Still, hope you love your new bag and you got a good deal!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I saw where someone posted that the lock was heavy. I do hope D&B reconsiders this bag without the lock.
Contributor

I ordered one of the Croco Fino satchels. It has not arrived yet.....but I was thinking that if I don't like the lock, I could "carefully" cut it off. One could hang a variety of little things from that little gold loop that the lock hangs from. Just a thought Smile

Regular Contributor

LOL...the more I stalk the bag, I'm starting to like that lock...especially since the Samba belted shopper is a day 3 deal. Does anyone own a bag in the new Samba leather? How does it feel? and how do you like it? TIA... I'm eyeing the large one in Bordeaux. Oh, btw, is the lock silver or gold in the Samba belted shopper?
Respected Contributor

I checked out the Samba when it first came out. The leather on the satchel I looked at was very soft. As for the heart... it's goldtone and black, on all the styles.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I own 3 samba I love the leather the belted shopper is beautiful. The large belted shopper is on sale for$189 color denim at www.ilovedonney.com
Respected Contributor

The lock can be removed.... but then you need to put something on the large gold ring that remains. Apparently the lock has some kind of hinge mechanism, so it can be released, somehow. But I don't know how. So it's not necessary to 'cut it off'.