Occasional Contributor

Creases in the coated cotton

I just received my Gretta Satchel (A254902) today. However, it was shipped folded in a flat position. I love the purse but from being folded for a period of time, there are creases in the bag on the fold lines. Has anyone had any experience with coated cotton to know if these creases will eventually go away? Or is there anything that can be done to smooth them out. I like everything else about the purse so am deciding if the creases are something I'm willing to live with if they're permanent. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Valued Contributor

Re: Creases in the coated cotton

What is the coating made from? I wonder if you could take a warm, not hot, hair dryer to it? Maybe you should email the company to see what they say. Does the rep have a Facebook page? You could try that. Maybe place it outside in the sun for a little while??{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Contributor

I have the same bag (bought mine from Dooney site) a few months ago. It came the same way. I don't have the bag with me today but I will see it tomorrow and let you know. I don't recall seeing the creases after carrying it a few times. I was watching an unboxing of a Louis Vuitton Speedy and that bag came folded flat too. I would recommend you stuff it with all the tissue paper you can find. You could hang on shower door while you shower too. What color did you get? I have the Charcoal. I love that bag. Very carefree and a good size. ETA: now I am second-guessing myself. I don't remember if this bag came flat or not from Dooney. I seem to recall stuffing now. Sorry.
Occasional Contributor

I got this bag from ilovedooney.com. I did get a response from them today and their reply to my question is that the folds would not come out and they'd be happy to refund my money. Really bummed though because it is a perfect purse. I immediately stuffed a large sweatshirt in it last night and will follow the suggestion of a warm, steamy bathroom or a little blow drying and see if that helps--just in case! I got it in the white/tan for summer but did LOVE the charcoal. I was wondering if I got it through QVC or the dooney site if it would come stuffed. I'm not sure why THEY didn't--the HUGE box would certainly have accommodated the tissue paper... It's too bad. Thanks for your replies!

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 cyndy397 said:

I got this bag from ilovedooney.com. I did get a response from them today and their reply to my question is that the folds would not come out and they'd be happy to refund my money. Really bummed though because it is a perfect purse. I immediately stuffed a large sweatshirt in it last night and will follow the suggestion of a warm, steamy bathroom or a little blow drying and see if that helps--just in case! I got it in the white/tan for summer but did LOVE the charcoal. I was wondering if I got it through QVC or the dooney site if it would come stuffed. I'm not sure why THEY didn't--the HUGE box would certainly have accommodated the tissue paper... It's too bad. Thanks for your replies!

QVC sends them out flat and folded also.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Tissyanne, for letting me know that; I guess I just need to "let it go".

There IS a slight possibility that I'm too Type A--I want it to look just as smooth as their picture {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. I'll set it out and look at it over the weekend and make a decision. Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

They should not be folding bags. I got a Gretta a while back and it came stuffed and not folded, and that's as they should be shipped... My gosh, we pay more and more for bags, and shipping them is still just as expensive as it always was, and yet cutting corners seems to be the name of the game... It's not just QVC doing it, but for what they charge to ship a bag, they could do better.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

A252408 is one that was send to me flat, and folded. It is nylon, not cotton coated. I apologize for saying the wrong fabric. Anyway, mine was not a problem after I began using it. I would return yours if you are not happy with it. I have purchased three I Love Dooney bags, and they were shipped pristine, and stuffed.
Occasional Contributor

Good to know, Ladies!!! I can see where flat packing the nylon wouldn't be as much a problem. Thanks for validating me; now I don't feel like I'm being nit-picky. You're right; I've never paid so much for handbags until this fall when I got swept up with "Dooney fever." I'd rather pay the $50 extra at a dept store and get a perfect bag frankly. I see a trip to Macy's in my future... Smile

Honored Contributor

cyndy397, I hope you get exactly what you want. I fell into the Dooney fever about three years ago, and I own mostly the cotton coated. I would never keep one that did not meet my expectations for sure. Post back and let us know what you find out there.