Esteemed Contributor

Re: Comfortable walking shoe/sneaker

@thisidforme 

You could email or call customer svce at Zappos dot com for guidance. I wear a size wide - but don't have any feet problems and I love Ryka Sneakers. Not all Ryka shoes are comfortable. Go on-line and read all the reviews.

I bought 4 pairs of Ryka Skywalk (not much arch support) and 3 pairs of Ryka Devotion Plus 2 (a little more arch support). Both are walking shoes and very comfortable on me. I wear size 7 wide.

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@thisidforme 

You could email or call customer svce at Zappos dot com for guidance. I wear a size wide - but don't have any feet problems and I love Ryka Sneakers. Not all Ryka shoes are comfortable. Go on-line and read all the reviews.

I bought 4 pairs of Ryka Skywalk (not much arch support) and 3 pairs of Ryka Devotion Plus 2 (a little more arch support). Both are walking shoes and very comfortable on me. I wear size 7 wide.

I also swear by Ryka Devotion 2.  I have PF and these shoes give me support and are cushioned.  I do size up half a size.  The Skywalk are not as comfortable to me.  Check out Shoes dot com.  They are having a good sale right now with free shipping.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@thisidforme Clarks leather Unloop. Have several pairs in basic dark colors.  They do tend to run narrow even in the medium width, but that is no problem for me since I have  very narrow feet.  I have them in 7 1/2 medium and narrow.  Both work for me.

Oldest pair I own dates back to 2013 and I still wear them.  As I added a few more a couple of years later quality isn't quite as good, but they are still comfortable, durable, and yes, a little stiffer.

Originally purchased because I wanted the comfort of a sneaker without the sneaker look.

Clarks Ashland Bubble loafer is also very comfortable, also purchased here.

Happy shoe searching. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Traveltime clogs by Easy Spirit.  They're a backless sneaker but have a little lip at the heel so your foot stays put.  Easy Spirit sandals are very comfy too.

Enjoy your trip!

Honored Contributor

Easy Spirit Traveltime mule.  Have several pairs.  Love them!

Honored Contributor

As much as I love my Skechers boat shoes, they are not very supportive. I would not count on them for long-distance walking.

I have some Easy Spirit lace-up shoes that do the trick. I'd also take a couple of walking sandals as well. I prefer the Velco ones for major walking.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have a pair of Skechers D Lites, those have more support than the Go Walks. New Balance sneakers are the only ones I wear for exercise walking. Once I break them in they are so comfortable.

I bought a pair of Easy Spirit Traveltime clog sneakers for flying this past January because I didn't have any backless sneakers. They were comfortable without any break in time. Also wore them for walking around on my trip.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

Keen or Dr. Scholl

Esteemed Contributor

Skechers Go Walk Joy.

Esteemed Contributor

Or ask Jane Treacy.  She has every shoe in every color and travels.