Occasional Contributor

Comfortable Shoes For a Wedding

Hey all, i was hoping you could help me out. I'm going to a wedding in a few weeks, and need to find something comfortable but not terribly ugly to wear. I'll be 7.5 months pregnant and the wedding is outdoors. Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations for a comfortable shoe that looks decent? Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Comfortable Shoes For a Wedding

@Jojo1010 

Do you know what you're going to wear?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I were you, I would wear a pair of shoes I already own.  Otherwise, there are plenty of sales on sandals now and Macy's is having a "flash sale" on shoes.  I personally like Easy Spirit.

BTW, nobody is going to be looking at your feet--LOL!!!!  

Honored Contributor

Look for Lifestride on Amazon.  They make comfortable dress shoes that are fairly inexpensive.  I don't spend a lot on dress shoes because they are often a one time wear.

Respected Contributor

I like ballet flats. These also come in black, yellow, and blue.

https://www.qvc.com/Sam-Edelman-Leather-Bow-Ballet-Flats---Meg.product.A394976.html?sc=SRCH

Respected Contributor

I sure wouldn't buy a new pair of shoes being pregnant.

I would suggest a pair out of your closet, to tell you the truth, I never remember what a pregnant woman ever wore let alone her shoes.  You will get a ton of questions when are you due, how far along are you, will it be a boy or girl, are you excited, it is your 1st one?   

Just enjoy, August is a hot hot month.

Valued Contributor

A not too high wedge sandel.   More stable and you wouldn't have to worry about your heels going down into the dirt.

Honored Contributor

If you do get new shoes, make sure they are comfortable out of the box. The last thing you need pregnant on a hot day is tight shoes or ones that rub painfully.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jojo1010    It depends on what you are wearing but just a flat pointed or round toe flat shoe.  These are on sale at JJill.  I'll back with more.  Two other colors available.  $69 & $79

Image for Simone Bow Flats

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Jojo1010 wrote:

Hey all, i was hoping you could help me out. I'm going to a wedding in a few weeks, and need to find something comfortable but not terribly ugly to wear. I'll be 7.5 months pregnant and the wedding is outdoors. Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations for a comfortable shoe that looks decent? Thanks! 

What will you be wearing?  Do you have any foot swelling as a result of heat/pregnancy?  If you do, you might need to purchase a new size. 

Not enough info to give you a good answer.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life