Contributor

Re: Clarks...quality and comfort gone!

@mosky  Clarks shoes for myself have been a thing of the past for quite some time. The Clark shoes from 20 yrs ago were hands down the best. They were so comfortable. The footbeds were soft, the thick rubber heels so cushioned. My sisters and I bought so many pairs that we didn't need any for a long time. When I did start to look again, the Q came out with the Bendable style. It was a TSV, bought 3 different colors. Wore for a while, then noticed my legs started to hurt, then my back. I gave them to my sisters, after a while they told me the same thing happened to them. Tried another Clark shoe after that, the same thing. That was it for me. I think after the recession, the quality of so many products just wasn't there anymore. Sadly today, quality is still lacking in so many things.

Honored Contributor

I find it extremely difficult to understand buying shoes without trying them on first. For this reason I buy almost all my Clarks at the Clarks store. I do believe the shoes they sell in the stores are better quality than the ones on QVC.

I do admit to buying a pair of loafers at the Clarks store then seeing them on clearance on QVC and buying 2 pair of them because I already owned a pair & knew my size etc.However , the ones from QVC did not fit the same and were not the quality of the pair I got at the store. Lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of Clarks wedgie sandals from QVC within the last month and they are comfy and quality was just as good as it was in the past.  Im sorry that some of you have had trouble with your Clarks recently.  I am trying to replace all my lace shoes with slip ons or velcro due to "old age" and I am buying Clarks and Earths.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

I have worn Clarks for years but the last couple of pairs I have ordered from the Q have been returns. The TSV cloud stepper had a soft footbed however I found the elastic uppers to be stiff and uncomfortable. Merrell seems to be my go to shoes now. I keep eyeing Vionocs but have yet to purchase
Esteemed Contributor

I just bought a pair with the flowers. Love them. They are just as comfy as the clarks I have bought in the past.

Valued Contributor

@fieldofflowers wrote:

@mosky  Clarks shoes for myself have been a thing of the past for quite some time. The Clark shoes from 20 yrs ago were hands down the best. They were so comfortable. The footbeds were soft, the thick rubber heels so cushioned. My sisters and I bought so many pairs that we didn't need any for a long time. When I did start to look again, the Q came out with the Bendable style. It was a TSV, bought 3 different colors. Wore for a while, then noticed my legs started to hurt, then my back. I gave them to my sisters, after a while they told me the same thing happened to them. Tried another Clark shoe after that, the same thing. That was it for me. I think after the recession, the quality of so many products just wasn't there anymore. Sadly today, quality is still lacking in so many things.

If you have any kind of foot problems, the "bendable" soles are the worse thing you can wear.  Any foot expect will say that a problem foot needs a rigid sole so that your foot is not constantly bending and placing strain on the ligaments in your foot.  I always kind of laugh when I watch the QVC presentations where they show how flexible the sole is.  Flexibility is not necessarily your friend.

Esteemed Contributor

Many years ago, Clark's made excellent quality shoes. Then they started manufacturing their products in the Far East. The quality of their leather declined and I found many of their shoes to be too stiff and uncomfortable. I no longer buy Clark's shoes.

Respected Contributor

I went in the Clarks outlet yesterday and saw shoes they are showing now on QVC.  I thought things went to the outlet when they were old styles that did not sell.  They seemed so big and clunky in my size 9.  Clarks seem to make my feet look bigger. Also the few pairs I have bought in the past were not comfortable at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

Last pair I bought at the outlet.  They hurt my feet and I can't wear them.  

Respected Contributor

I have many pairs of Clarks. All have held up to wear and are comfortable. I cannot wear every style and have had a few returns. But once I know a foot bottom style works and the size I need, I can order online with confidence. I love the Cloud Steppers. I feel for those who have had issues, as shoes are not cheap and returns are costly. This brand works for me, but I have never tried on a Ryka or Earth shoe that fits me properly. So it's good we have many brands.