Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clarks You Need to Do Something.....

I was told by a rep from Zappos - that the bottoms of Clarks shoes are made of plastic - not rubber. I had 6 pairs of Clarks Clogs separate - the top of the shoes from the soles. One happened while I was sitting in the dentist's chair having my teeth cleaned. I looked down - and the left shoe was hanging off my foot.

Respected Contributor

It's unfortunate and very common: when a company succeeds, they look to maximize their profits and often cheapen materials and cut costs with quality.  Products I love never seem to stay as good over time. Greed is sad.

Valued Contributor

My mom had a pair of Clarks that looked like new, except that the sole separated from the rest of the shoe. An hour after she carried them out to the dumpster (in her community's trash "cubicle") she made another trip to the dumpster, and her shoes were gone. No doubt a neighbor saw them and thought someone had just thrown out a perfectly good pair of shoes. She (and I!) had always thought of Clark's as a dependable brand; no more. She'll be interested to know that several of you have also had bad experiences.

Esteemed Contributor

If u google Clarks, complaints --- there are thousands of unhappy customers. I believe they glued the top part of the shoe to the bottom - instead of sewing it. 

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Plus some of the shoes they present are so ugly.  Clodhoppers comes to mind. 

@chiclet So true.  It seemed like most of what they sold last winter came direct from the US Army quartermaster.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't think you can beat the shoe buys at Zulily.  I've gotten dozens there, all flat "comfort" styles by name brands.  No you can't return them but I haven't had the need.  I wear a 11B and can't do a lot of walking so I don't need a supurb fit.  Sometimes a medium is a bit wide so I just use a cheap insole and they fit perfectly.  I got a cool pair today with tiny dots all over them, very subtle, that change color in different light.

They frequently have a wide range of sizes 4 to 13, in all widths including narrows.  That includes 10.5.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I ordered 2 pairs of Clarks clogs, in black and in dark brown, from Ebay, both in superior condition, for $30 each !! I prefer the clogs and they are hard to find anymore and certainly not for $30 each. Free shipping as well. Ordered my normal size and they are comfy and look fabulous. Hate paying to much $$ for stuff anymore. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl

I also love Clarks Clogs, accordion heel.Had 12 pairs - different colors. 6 pairs separated - so now I have 6 left. Right now, I'm wearing my Red leather Clogs with silver buckle - around 7 yrs old.

Honored Contributor

I tend to agree with the complaints.  Each style type in Clarks fits differently so I can't rely on them.  I won't order them from Q since they charge too much to return.  

Besides, shoesdotcom can almost always beat Q's prices on shoes of any brand.  And they offer free shipping and free exchanges.   I just ordered a pair at 30% off and am anxious to received them.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to try on shoes no matter what the brand is. I just donated a pair of Clarks with the Springer bottom ballet flats. They fit me well but were just starting to fit too big in the heel. Nobody tells you that your heel narrows as you get older or that your forefoot can widen as well.

I own Clarks shoes in 7.5 W, 8M, and 8.5M and sizing is all over the place.