Honored Contributor

Re: Clarks You Need to Do Something.....

[ Edited ]

There was a new pair, I think called the Cheyn Marie or something (?) along those lines that I was interested in.  I saw the first presentation with Pat on her shoe show.  The blonde rep wasn't on that one and the dark haired girl said the gray snake was leather with a foil over it.  They seemed to backtrack on it later in the presentation.  So then I watched another presentation and again it wasn't clear so I posted a question and didn't get a response before the 3rd time the shoe was shown on air.

Apparently the description said leather but they were actually man made - for the same price as the leather.  Reviews started rolling in and they were not glowing.  I was so glad I didn't order until I found out what they were and then saw the lousy reviews.  Cute loafers but I don't need the headache :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Contributor

I would like to buy some of Clarks boots.  I find that a 10M in boots is too short for me and the 11M is too big.  There are other manufactures that are now offering a 10.5 in their shoes.  Please Clarks offer a 10.5 in your boots because they tend to run smaller.

Super Contributor

I agree with the OP, but it isn't only Clarks...I've had the same issues with Earth and Skechers.  I quit buying shoes from QVC several years ago because of it! 

Contributor

I guess I am sorry I just ordered TSV (boots)!  I guess I will cancel the boots unless someone comments positively about Clarks boots.

Honored Contributor

@junebug217  Give them a try junebug and don't worry about what the rest of us say.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@junebug217 wrote:

I guess I am sorry I just ordered TSV (boots)!  I guess I will cancel the boots unless someone comments positively about Clarks boots.

I think it is better to try on the shoes. Clarks have some good sales on their website. DSW carries Clarks and they have better choices. I think if you have doubts you should follow your intuition.

Honored Contributor

@mercyMe I won't bore anyone again about my story about the separation of the top of the shoe and the sole part of the shoe.

It was embarrassing....my friend said it happened to a friend of her's too.  

I had to borrow dental floss from my dentist to tie them together so I didn't have to leave his office barefooted.  They totally separated while I was walking in there!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@junebug217 wrote:

----------

I think the TSV is really cute and I ordered it in black. Normally I would have ordered the khaki or tan, but I decided to try something different and I could use a black ankle boot. I loved my desert boots back in the day, LOL.

I have the TSV casual ankle boots from two years ago and I love them. I have a few Clark's shoes and wear a size 8 in all of them. I've never had any fall apart, but I also don't wear them day in and day out.

Trusted Contributor

Annabelle, the same thing happened to me !  I had to put rubber bands around my Clarks to get home from work! A lady in the same building where I work, said the same thing happened to her Clarks! 

I also wrote Clarks about their inconsistent sizing and decline in quality! The answered and informed me that the sizing was not inconsistent and the quality was as it always was! 

Ive not been interested in purchasing from them since. 

Respected Contributor

My big issue is the hook and loop closures. They wear out before the rest of the shoe. I much prefer buckles. Also, QVC tends to carry less attractive styles anymore. I have bought some very cute Clarks elsewhere with buckles and better sole material. I agree that they have cheapened their product since associating with the Q.