Honored Contributor

Clarks You Need to Do Something.....

about your sizing.  I was reading reviews and it is sad to hear all the complaints about sizing.  Too tight, too big in heels, one shoe fits fine the other is really tight.  I know you are having these shoes made in foreign countries and someone at Clarks needs to take control of the sizing issues and quit pretending it doesn't exisit.  A few years ago I could buy a pair of Clarks and they fit perfectly -- NOT today.  It's a big hit or miss and usually miss.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: Clarks You Need to Do Something.....

Plus, what I found is the soles disintegrate after so many years.  One day I looked down at my feet (while I was teaching a class) and noticed black chunks (what appeared to be part of a tire) all over the floor (I pace back & forth while instructing).   I blamed janitorial for not doing their job the night before .... but realized it was my Clark shoes!

Honored Contributor

Its kind of sad when a respected company selling a good product, lets its business go to pot.  Apparently nobody in authority at Clark's cares.  They've been aware of quality problems for years now, since their clogs with the springer sole started disintegrating.  We've heard of this happening repeatedly from customers.  Since they don't intend to do anything about it, our only recourse is to not buy Clark's shoes. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Several pairs of my clarks disintegrated like that. I think it was that springer sole that they used to have. I had a never work pair disintegrate in the box. They changes their sole material. 

Valued Contributor

I stopped buying Clark's a couple years ago. The quality wasn't there. This should concern the company but apparently it doesn't.

Valued Contributor

Clarks shoes were excellent many years ago - before they partnered with QVC.  I think the pressure by QVC to bring down costs and increase profits led to Clarks' ruination.  I won't buy them anymore - even at the Clarks store.  I do, however, still have Clarks shoes that I bought pre-QVC that are still in good shape and still wearable.

Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix,  I have Clarks shoes from 3-5 years even older that I bought from QVC and fit perfectly with no problems.  I can't say the prices are under any control because they are much higher.  I have one shoe that is about 4 years old and I paid $42 for and today it is $72 -- the same shoe.  Let's hope Clarks wakes up once and for all.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I've never purchased Clarks shoes,I've been tempted many times.  But all the bad reviews and the comments on these boards have discouraged me.  This has been on going for a long time. It's apparent no one at Clarks or the Q gives a care. Customers are like teeth....ignore them and they'll go away.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

the  problem has been that we the customers have picked up the cost of the sizing problem. In the past we've had to pay shipping for shoes to go back-and-forth to QVC.

I have a size 10 1/2 foot,  which is it's own problem, so I buy a 10 wide.  I ordered one pair of boots that had to go back because they were too big, and got a 91/2 W.  I've never worn a 9 1/2. I ordered pair of loafers in a 10 wide but are just too small but I have kept them and wear them without socks.

I won't order another pair because I can't trust the sizing. I order Birkenstock often and they are absolutely consistent in sizing.  

Respected Contributor

Plus some of the shoes they present are so ugly.  Clodhoppers comes to mind.