Respected Contributor

@Sherbear1 @HisElk1 @Just Bling @Karenka @jonbon & Clark lovers:

Mine came today.

Returned today.

Yee gads, totally cheap looking, awkward fit, and I'm a Clarks Lover!

Plus I ordered the bright RED for fun, but it's a dull wine color.

Plus the card on top saying the color will transfer.

This is NOT a shoe from their regular line on their web site (the closest version is not velco fasteners, for one).

So disappointing.

Respected Contributor

What?  I read through the responses and HisElk was told from the Clark's CS that some states require this slip?

Well I bought Clarks from the Q before and there weren't any slips in the box like this one, and I bought boots from HSN and there weren't any color transfer slips in the one's they shipped to me so who's hosing who?  

....and I think I'm done with shoes through the internet that cost money to ship one way or both ways....just got a pair of Easy Spirit from HSN and they just kill the top of my toes and the pair direct from their website is fine...wonder what the home shopping channels are buying or better yet, wonder what the manufacturers sell to the shopping channels since everything has to be so discounted due to the volume purchases.

Contributor

I bought these in grey,I wasnt sure if I would like them. I love them and now they are all sold out . that figures,I would love to have another pair but they are not avaiable any where,just QVC, clarks website have some simialar but $ 120.00 and dont know if they would fit the same. I hope QVC will get them back in stock. I did find that they run a little small. I usually wear an 8 and have room,but these I could have bought 8.5 and been fine. Well hope the sizing will help people. Have a good one folks.!! Take Care !!!

Trusted Contributor

In case anyone's interested, the Sept. issue of Insider shows several boot brands that will be featured as TSV's and regular presentations.  Looks like Sept. will be boot month at Q, so if you're not sold on these Clarks, stick around till Sept.  My favorite is a cute ankle boot by Alegria on Sept. 22 -- $130 and 5 EZpays.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Sherbear1 @HisElk1 @Just Bling @Karenka @jonbon & Clark lovers:

Mine came today.

Returned today.

Yee gads, totally cheap looking, awkward fit, and I'm a Clarks Lover!

Plus I ordered the bright RED for fun, but it's a dull wine color.

Plus the card on top saying the color will transfer.

This is NOT a shoe from their regular line on their web site (the closest version is not velco fasteners, for one).

So disappointing.

It appears to be a variation on a shoe from their regular line -- the Sillian Chell -- which looks exactly the same from one side (it has a  velcro fastener) but has a zip on the other side rather than more velcro. It is currently $120 on the Clarks website. (HisElk found it there -- I didn't see it the first time I looked!) They did something very similar when they did the perforated suede espadrille TSV last spring; there was a style from the regular line which was VERY similar (same materials and colors, etc.) with a slight difference in the goring along the vamp.

(ETA: I just saw the Sillian Chell on the Nordstrom website as well.)

Esteemed Contributor

I got the Insider in my e-mail. If you love shoes, like I do, you will be in seventh heaven. This is my one weakness. The shoes offered in September for the TSV's are really nice. The ones I really liked was Clarks Boots and Ryka. They have many more.

Respected Contributor

I unfortunately stopped buying shoes unless I can try them on.  I can wear any size from a 7 to a 8 /12 there is no consistency in how they are being made.  I have sent too many pairs of shoes back over the last couple of years.  

Respected Contributor

Sorry it took me so long to post about my phone call from them regarding the little tag inside our shoes.

I never got to talk with her, but she left a message that it was possible to have a dye transfer on your socks if your feet sweat because of no lining.

There's also a slight chance of fading.  

I'm still not sure yet as the gray are a good color and I have nothing in gray; however, I have to give this thought because of the 30 day return.  Not sure that I want to take a chance on it.  Perhaps I should wear a white sock and put them on to see if it does transfer while walking around the house lol.  If the sock turns gray, I'll put that inside the box when I return them (jk)

Contributor

I'm sure you know this, but you can also test the color on the outside by squirting a little water on the toe of one shoe and rubbing it with a microfiber cloth to see if there's color transfer.  I did that with my black pair and though there was some transfer, there was no change to the appearance of the shoe.  Also FWIW, I've already waterproofed them and they look beautiful.