Contributor

I ordered 2 pairs, one in Black and the other in Grey. I hope they are way comfortable for my bad feet.  I am just coming off surgery on my ankle and hope these will be a good fit when I can wear them.  Cant ait to read reviews on this boot.

Respected Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@misschristy wrote:

I normally stick to leather shoes, but I purchased three pairs of summer Cloudsteppers at my local store.  They are all non-leather material - two pairs of sneakers and one is a slip on type of sneaker.  I wore these in NY, sometimes walking 8 miles in a day and they were so comfortable.  They had give to them and I was really pleased.  I believe they just developed these non-leather materials to have flexibility.  I wouldn't hesitate to try these boots, as Cloudsteppers are really like walking on clouds.

@misschristy  Thank you for that!  I saw they weren't leather, but ordered anyway because of the footbed (I haven't tried the cloud yet).  I feel better knowing they only are made in synthetic and that you like yours!  (I ordered the aubergine.)

I also ordered one pair in the gray; really thought about the aubergine, but thought better.

I also went onto the Clark's website and noticed they have the same ones in "synthetic nubuck" for $120.  To me, this was a very good price especially with the free s&h.

Hope everyone loves theirs.

Just to clarify, the version on the Clarks website is almost the same, but it has a zipper on one side instead of Velcro on both sides (as the TSV version does). It is, indeed, $120 currently (with free shipping and free returns). 

Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@HisElk wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@misschristy wrote:

I normally stick to leather shoes, but I purchased three pairs of summer Cloudsteppers at my local store.  They are all non-leather material - two pairs of sneakers and one is a slip on type of sneaker.  I wore these in NY, sometimes walking 8 miles in a day and they were so comfortable.  They had give to them and I was really pleased.  I believe they just developed these non-leather materials to have flexibility.  I wouldn't hesitate to try these boots, as Cloudsteppers are really like walking on clouds.

@misschristy  Thank you for that!  I saw they weren't leather, but ordered anyway because of the footbed (I haven't tried the cloud yet).  I feel better knowing they only are made in synthetic and that you like yours!  (I ordered the aubergine.)

I also ordered one pair in the gray; really thought about the aubergine, but thought better.

I also went onto the Clark's website and noticed they have the same ones in "synthetic nubuck" for $120.  To me, this was a very good price especially with the free s&h.

Just to clarify, the version on the Clarks website is almost the same, but it has a zipper on one side instead of Velcro on both sides (as the TSV version does). It is, indeed, $120 currently (with free shipping and free returns). 

@jonbon, thanks for the post.  I honestly did not see the zipper on the side, so I apologize for the comparison.

Respected Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@HisElk wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@misschristy wrote:

@jonbon, thanks for the post.  I honestly did not see the zipper on the side, so I apologize for the comparison.

They looked VERY similar from the main picture! It was only when I clicked on the smaller pictures that I saw the minor difference. Clarks often does that, partly (I think) so that the Q can have an "exclusive" and/or partly because it is less expensive to produce. 

Respected Contributor

@jonbon, thanks for your post.  You're probably right about the subtle difference.  They can say it was designed for them.

I know I was looking at another item for decor and ended up on the vendor's website to see what it looked like there.  I thought it was the same, but there was a subtle difference in the coloring after looking at it closer.

My gray ones shipped, so I'm really hoping they fit well and I like them.  Hate having to pay those return prices and waiting for the credit back to the CC.

Contributor
Got mine in black today. They are very comfortable and run true to size. I am waiting for the Aubergine. So far I am very pleased with these.
Respected Contributor

Received mine today and I have a high instep and barely could get them on...they seem roomy from heel to toe but side to side they are tight and I got a wide which I always wear.

There's also a slip in the box that states they may fade and color transfer...that's a deal breaker, they are going back.

I don't want dye allover my socks and afraid to get even a drop of water on them...they need to be waterproofed if anyone is keeping.

I like the weight though, light, they are cloudsteppers but unfortunately I won't be stepping on any clouds.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Received mine today and I have a high instep and barely could get them on...they seem roomy from heel to toe but side to side they are tight and I got a wide which I always wear.

There's also a slip in the box that states they may fade and color transfer...that's a deal breaker, they are going back.

I don't want dye allover my socks and afraid to get even a drop of water on them...they need to be waterproofed if anyone is keeping.

I like the weight though, light, they are cloudsteppers but unfortunately I won't be stepping on any clouds.

@Just Bling, wow, had I known they could fade and have the color transfer, I would've never ordered them.  Mine are supposed to be here Friday, 8/12.  I'll report back, but if that's the case, then mine will be going back as well.  Funny, during the shows, nothing was said, gee, I wonder why (being sarcastic)

Respected Contributor

The slip insides says to get the dark color they may fade....what? 

I think that's just terrible that a slip of paper is enclosed, by the time people wear them it will be too late to return.  I marked mine defective and they are going back.  

Why would a good brand that's been around for a very long time Clark's fool around with color transfer, fading issues, just for the Q to get the price, I would rather have a quality boot from Clark's than a subpar pair....but that's just me, I don't buy for price alone.

....and yes, why wasn't that mentioned in the presentations, and some wonder why they have returns........guess why.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

The slip insides says to get the dark color they may fade....what? 

I think that's just terrible that a slip of paper is enclosed, by the time people wear them it will be too late to return.  I marked mine defective and they are going back.  

Why would a good brand that's been around for a very long time Clark's fool around with color transfer, fading issues, just for the Q to get the price, I would rather have a quality boot from Clark's than a subpar pair....but that's just me, I don't buy for price alone.

....and yes, why wasn't that mentioned in the presentations, and some wonder why they have returns........guess why.

@Just Bling, mine arrived today and had the same insert on top of the box when I opened them.

I decided to contact Clark's directly and spoke to a CS rep and explained what was inside.  She asked me to read the whole insert to her and asked what state I was in.  I told her PA.  She said "some states require we put that in there".  I said, well, I can't imagine they spend time sorting out all those orders and decide if they're going to put it in there as that's time consuming. 

I explained to her that while I like the boots, this would be unacceptable to me as I probably wouldn't know until after the 30 day return policy.  She is supposed to research this particular boot they had for Q's TSV and get back to me next by phone.

When I hear, I will update.  I am also very disappointed as I wouldn't have purchased them knowing that they have the possibly to fade, etc.