Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart I've heard it said that Ecco shoes run narrow. Would you agree?

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@CalminHeart I've heard it said that Ecco shoes run narrow. Would you agree?

My feet are average width and flat footed. Some styles are a little narrow but I've found many that fit very well. I've learned which styles fit and which ones don't. 

I don't buy shoes with narrow toe boxes or pointed toes. Those tend to run narrower with Ecco.

I love the arch support in Ecco.

Ecco Soft 7 styles always fit me. I wore them when I worked on my feet after retiring and never had sore feet.

For a few years, Ecco offered a simple slip on shoe called Barentz that is incredibly comfortable. I wear them 9 months out of the year.  I hope they offer it again this year because I'd like to have backups.

No matter the brand, I can't wear shoes that have narrow/pointed toes and many ballet styles. I broke the ball of my big toe once so it's a little bigger than normal and the band across the top rubs. If not for that, I could wear ballets.

New Contributor

I bought these same exact sandals yesterday at JCP (in store purchase). The original price is 94.00. JCP carries the tan and the black in the Leominster MA store. I  choose the black...very comfortable and the fit is spot on size 7 medium. I did not care for the tan color as it was too light. The sale price was 55.99...less than QVC's sale price and I appreciate being able to try on before purchasing.

Respected Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

thank you

could you post about some brands that you have been happy with?

I have hard to fit flat feet but I have had some luck with Spring Step shoes...shoes are my very least favorite thing to buy!  For sneakers I have now purchased 2 pairs of On Cloud.  They are $$$ but they work for me.

Occasional Contributor

I have many pairs of clarks, but recently it seems that they have been cutting corners. my toes never hung over the soul in sandals, now they are, it seems like they are cutting them too short

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clarks Laurieann style

[ Edited ]

Lately,I find Clark's to be hit & miss.Several days ago I was in a Clark's outlet store.I tried on the Laurieann & found them to be too flimsy. I also tried on the Calenne Maye. I found them to be very cushy, supportive & comfortable. I bought them in white. They were running a special. Any 2 pairs of shoes for $99, so my DH bought a pair of step in sneakers. When I went to checkout the salesperson gave me an extra 10% off coupon to use. So I paid $90 + tax for the 2 pairs. Great deal!

I also find Naturalizer to have some comfortable shoes too.