Respected Contributor

Clark's TSV- man made materials @ $72???

Plus S&H and tax and not even a cute shoe??? Not for me!

Respected Contributor

Re: Clark's TSV- man made materials @ $72???

[ Edited ]

I agree with your sentiment. I think it is a cute little boot, but faux materials wear out much faster than leather.  If that doesn't matter to you, then maybe it is a good deal  The price does seem high though, even at the TSV price.  QVC just is not what it used to be.

Honored Contributor

It looks a lot like the last TSV which was such a disaster.  It too was a completely unadorned, plain suede shoe.  The problem was that it fit almost nobody because it was so narrow.  As soon as the reviews started rolling in, the shoe disappeared from the inventory.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I just bought the TSV.    With non leather you don't worry about  the snow or rain ruining your leather shoes/boots.

Honored Contributor

@LOVEMYFURBABY wrote:

I just bought the TSV.    With non leather you don't worry about  the snow or rain ruining your leather shoes/boots.

Well cared for leather boots can survive snow & rain.

People wear leather boots in all kinds of weather-- through mud, rain, snow.

Those man-made materials are more likely to fail.

Honored Contributor

Too plain and unsure of the fit.  Synthetic material for $72???  No way.  I will pass.   I can't believe how Clarks prices have gone up.  One pair of shoes I bought for $42 or now $72.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Clarks pricing has gone up & their quality has gone down.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@LOVEMYFURBABY wrote:

Well cared for leather boots can survive snow & rain.

People wear leather boots in all kinds of weather-- through mud, rain, snow.

Those man-made materials are more likely to fail.

Completely agree.  It's Q/Clarks hype that the man made stuff is better in the weather.

Honored Contributor

It isn't easy to get good leather shoes for 72 dollars anymore, so I'm not surprised at the price for a man made TSV. I think it's a cute boot, but man made does not hold up in the rain and snow. Kathy VanZeeland shoes were the worst for not holding up. If you don't wear leather because of a moral view then you wouldn't care how well the shoes held up, you just put up with it.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear non leather shoes all the time. I've never had a problem with wear and I'm pretty active. I get tired of shoes before I wear them out.  I do have a pair of suede Sketcher boots.  Hate them..ill fitting rip off. One is wide the other isn't...should've sent them back. 

Spoiler

Trees are the lungs of the Earth