Trusted Contributor

Clark Canvas Shoe Recall

[ Edited ]

Several months ago I received an email from QVC about a recall of navy canvas shoes from Clark that had toxic dye.  I started the refund process with Clarks and heard nothing.

I contacted them again and recently received the bag to return the shoes.  I had never worn mine - they are so cute, but appear not safe to wear.

Did anyone receive a refund?  If so, how was it received?  Did they send you a check?  I had heard they wanted to credit your banking account.  If that is the only method they have for the return, I will just discontinue the refund process and just throw out the shoes as I do not give my banking information to anyone.

If you did receive a refund, please let me know what method they used to reimburse you.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Clark Canvas Shoe Recall

@BunSnoop  You give your bank account number to anyone, anyplace you write a check.  What's so secretive about it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop  A few weeks ago  I cancelled a subscription and was due a $80+a bit refund.  The rep assisting me said the only way they did such refunds was through the same debit or credit card I'd used to pay for the subscription.  The money appeared on my cc within a week. Some company already has your payment on record.  If you don't want to try to retrieve the money you're owed, please donate those new shoes somewhere.  It's cruel to someone in need to toss them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BunSnoop  You give your bank account number to anyone, anyplace you write a check.  What's so secretive about it?

@Kachina624 

What's a check?

Valued Contributor

@millieshops 

@millieshops wrote:

@BunSnoop  A few weeks ago  I cancelled a subscription and was due a $80+a bit refund.  The rep assisting me said the only way they did such refunds was through the same debit or credit card I'd used to pay for the subscription.  The money appeared on my cc within a week. Some company already has your payment on record.  If you don't want to try to retrieve the money you're owed, please donate those new shoes somewhere.  It's cruel to someone in need to toss them.

I have donated many new shoes and will continue to do so.  I would not, however, donate shoes with toxic dye.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops , I would donate them, however, the shoes are said to have toxic dyes that may be linked to cancer - so no, those I will not donate. However, I often do donate shoes that are slightly worn and can be used by someone.

Respected Contributor

Request a credit. In the past, I had shoes that I returned due to them falling apart in a very short time. I sent them in and they gave me a credit for a different pair.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop wrote:

Several months ago I received an email from QVC about a recall of navy canvas shoes from Clark that had toxic dye.  I started the refund process with Clarks and heard nothing.

I contacted them again and recently received the bag to return the shoes.  I had never worn mine - they are so cute, but appear not safe to wear.

Did anyone receive a refund?  If so, how was it received?  Did they send you a check?  I had heard they wanted to credit your banking account.  If that is the only method they have for the return, I will just discontinue the refund process and just throw out the shoes as I do not give my banking information to anyone.

If you did receive a refund, please let me know what method they used to reimburse you.

Thank you.

@BunSnoop Here is where you can find out more about the refund and recall. 

Clarks America at 800-480-5092 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Saturday, email at productrecall@customerreply.clarks.com or on-line at http://tinyurl.com/ClarksRecall or visit www.clarksusa.com and click “Recall” at the bottom of the page for more information.

The tinyurl page listed abovesays this about the refund:

"How do I claim a refund?

After registering your return on our recall website, you'll be asked to return the shoes to us.

Once we receive them, we will send you a refund e-mail with a request for your bank details - please look out for this e-mail. You will need to respond to it within 28 days of receiving it.

Once we have this information, we will process your refund."

@BunSnoop I'd be apprehensive about giving my banking information too but then I did some thinking. If they ask for your bank's routing number and your account number this would be no different than what appears on every check you write. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

You give your bank account number to anyone, anyplace you write a check.  What's so secretive about it?

@Kachina624 ,

I feel the less people that have access to it the better. 

I do everything I can to be safe rather than sorry!

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop    Your loss, of course.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment