Honored Contributor

Re: Claremont Domed Satchel...

Hey all... It's pretty in bone and in tan on Zappos... I really want to see it in oyster and to know if the taupe is the same as the color offered as the taupe TSV... It really is an elegant looking bag. The bone looked more white to me than a true bone, but not a stark white... Are you considering one...?

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I was blown away by the number of Dooney bags at my local TJ Maxx tonight... They had an entire display of them. Lots of seasonal florals, probably from last year, but lovely none-the-less and great prices... Lots of leather bags too...

Super Contributor

On 1/30/2015 stevieb said:

Hey all... It's pretty in bone and in tan on Zappos... I really want to see it in oyster and to know if the taupe is the same as the color offered as the taupe TSV... It really is an elegant looking bag. The bone looked more white to me than a true bone, but not a stark white... Are you considering one...?

Wink

Hey girl! I'm certainly considering the Claremont as my "new summer bag." I did like the bone, but I'm also a girl that loves summer colors such as Aqua, turquoise and nice yellows! I can't wait to see Sue present the Claremont Perry in mustard this afternoon. I own it in the natural and love it. Peter won't do Palamino or Sunshine yellow in the Chelsea Florentine so I may have to be creative with another style to get the yellow I want. Think I will call Dooney Monday to see if yellow will be in the Claremont lineup.
Honored Contributor

I have Dooney questions... the first one is this... what is wrong with the classic bucket bag with nice leather (AWL) and brass hardware?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

On 1/31/2015 allthatsgood said:
On 1/30/2015 stevieb said:

Wink

Hey girl! I'm certainly considering the Claremont as my "new summer bag." I did like the bone, but I'm also a girl that loves summer colors such as Aqua, turquoise and nice yellows! I can't wait to see Sue present the Claremont Perry in mustard this afternoon. I own it in the natural and love it. Peter won't do Palamino or Sunshine yellow in the Chelsea Florentine so I may have to be creative with another style to get the yellow I want. Think I will call Dooney Monday to see if yellow will be in the Claremont lineup.

Hey therel! Well, you know me, and even though I find a lot of the florals very pretty and some of the summer colors too, I don't tend often to buy them... I do, though, cave for the occasional teal-based colors, and so find turquoise and aqua to be lovely. Of course, I also occasionally opt for red or orange, but otherwise, I tend toward the neutrals... That said, I SO wish they'd bring back my little domed buckle satchel in palomino... I covet that bag and the one I got way back when it was new was flawed. I sent it back and always figured I'd pick it up later, but never did... I also find coral and pale yellow to be very pretty, but I guess I just don't often tend toward the lighter colors in my handbag choices... Apparently, they presented the Perry in the wee hours, but I'm not yet seeing a video... Looks like a beauty! Honestly, the Q needs to step these things up... Hoping you can pick up something to your liking!

Super Contributor

Stevie, I've just been looking at the Zip Zip Satchel here on the Q since they still have it in Palamino. Dooney does not have it in Palamino on their website anymore. Boo! I just hate to pay shipping and tax here when I can order from Dooney and not have to pay either one. Of course I have. I have a Coach Sunshine Yellow Candace I love, but I guess I love "the hunt" for that "other perfect yellow bag."
Honored Contributor

One of the few advantages to shopping the Q for handbags... They will often carry a style or color long after everyone else has stopped... Of course, they also often seem to want full retail long after everyone else has gone the clearance route! And yes, there's always that shipping... I've checked out the zipzip in palomino, because I do love the color, but try as I might, I just can't seem to get excited about the zipzip silhouette... I think it's pretty and maybe if I tried one I'd like it, but I've just been reluctant and would prefer a more traditional satchel in this color! Actually, I have two satchels in mustard, though neither is from DB. Really want that small dome!

Contributor

Like the denim and the oyster
Contributor

I like the lining
Honored Contributor

On 1/31/2015 Ebonysmom123 said: Like the denim and the oyster

Have always loved the Dooney oyster color... All the colors are pretty, though some just aren't for me... The denim, though, is a pretty shade of blue, isn't it... Afraid it's an each to their own kind of thing on that lining...

Wink

What I find really curious is it appears the Claremont bags sold on Q are not using that lining, but the light neutral such as was used on the TSV... Sort of makes me wonder if the Claremonts shown on Q so far are all made for Q bags.