Honored Contributor

Change your sneakers every 3 months?

When telling audience to  buy sneakers for others .... Rachel also said you should change your sneakers every three months .... but they are on four easy pays.

Honored Contributor

Re: Change your sneakers every 3 months?

What does that mean?  Is she telling people to rotate them or just get rid of 3 month old sneakers like one would do with a tube of mascara?

Respected Contributor

Sales Jargon !  Buy 2 of everything !  JT and Courtney always pushes buy 2 of everything.   I buy what I want not what a salesperson wants me to buy.  That's standard sales pitch for all of the shopping channels. I wear my sneakers for as long as they last, I have skechers I bought last year and they are in perfect condition and they have been worn over and over again.  Why change every 3 months when they are in great condition ?  Unless you just want a new pair and like the new design, that's the only reason I would buy a new pair. JMO

Respected Contributor

Maybe for a serious runner that puts may miles on their running shoes but for the average sneaker wearer that is just silly!  I have shoes for years.

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 

Me too.  I think my oldest sneakers (leather) date from 2003 ... it was the summer I fell and broke my arm ... and disposed of all my high heel shoes!

------------------------------------

@spumoni99 wrote:

Maybe for a serious runner that puts may miles on their running shoes but for the average sneaker wearer that is just silly!  I have shoes for years.

Respected Contributor

Yep, sales tactic.  I have several pairs of sneakers, I do rotate them, but some are years old.  AND, I got yesterday’s TSV, today, cheaper with free shipping.  Yes, luckily my size was still available.  Shame on Them though.  The TSV price should be free shipping.  They made a bundle on that shipping yesterday.  

Honored Contributor

That must be for people who SLEEP IN THEM     (and sweat a lot)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Change mattresses, bras, shoes, sheets, makeup etc.

Of course-don't we change them all every couple of months.

I don't listen to all the nonsense, btw what makes these salespeople experts?

Esteemed Contributor

I never understood that nonsense.  I have many pairs of sneakers and rotate mine and take good care of them.   You need a new pair when the support starts to wear obviously, then at times you can get new insoles.

Replacing would differ for each person.  

Trusted Contributor

NO. Saying that people should change their sneakers every 3 months is TOTAL NONSENSE. It's a stupid selling tactic. Hard to believe that anyone would fall for it. MOST of the QVC hosts say RIDICULOUS things to make a sale.