Contributor

Can anyone recommend a cute slipper/ house shoe that has a non-slip type sole?

I slipped and fell in my home and broke my wrist. I didn't have shoes on. I've been told to wear non-slip type shoes from now on. This is all new to me because I'm used to wearing heels or going barefoot. Any suggestions (and photos) would be very much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone recommend a cute slipper/ house shoe that has a non-slip type sole?

How about something like this?

Columbia Sunbreeze Ballet Boulder

Discover a balance between water-ready performance and versatile style with the Columbia Sunbreeze Ballet shoe. Equipped with ventilation and water-drainage ports, this women's sporty flat shoe has a leather and canvas upper with a crossover vamp design to guarantee a snug, secure fit. Underfoot, the Techlite™ midsole lends plush cushioning to every step as it naturally manages moisture and odor to maintain interior freshness. The Columbia Sunbreeze Ballet sporty casual shoe is finished with a non-marking Omni-Grip™ rubber traction sole that's ready to tackle city streets, country trails and babbling brooks alike.

Air-flow and water-drainage ports

Antimicrobial cushioned midsole

Canvas lining

Frayed-edge detail

Leather and canvas upper

Non-marking rubber sole

Omni-Grip®

Perforated textile sockliner

Techlite®

Style Number: BL4431-003

Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone recommend a cute slipper/ house shoe that has a non-slip type sole?

Or these- (in more vibrant colors too)

Merrell Enlighten Vex Aluminum

Get breezy walking comfort to the next level with the Merrell Enlighten Vex slip-on shoe. This popular women's skimmer features a leather, mesh and synthetic upper with stitching accents for stylish, every-day wear. An M-Select MOVE footframe provides a combination of flex, contoured support and performance cushioning. M-Select FRESH treatment on the mesh lining prevents odor before it even begins, maintaining a fresh interior. Rely on the compression-molded EVA footframe and air cushion heel to deliver comfort to every step, while the Merrell Enlighten Vex casual flat is finished with an M-Select GRIP rubber outsole for tuned traction, wherever the trail leads.

Air Cushion Heel

Compression-molded EVA footframe

Leather, mesh and synthetic upper

Mesh lining

Molded nylon arch shank

M-Select FRESH

M-Select GRIP

M-Select MOVE

Pull tab

Stitching accents

Weight: 14 oz.

Style Number: J53144

Esteemed Contributor

I actually wear some Clarks slip-on sandals (Lexi type) for my in- house shoes. They work perfectly and they're SO comfortable.
Honored Contributor

KEEN Delancey Ballerina CNX Neutral Gray

Get to know feminine style with the comfort of a sneaker in the Delancey Ballerina CNX flat, part of the KEEN.Connect collection. Made from full grain leather, this women's sporty slip-on flat shoe includes a slightly raised back to help hold it securely in place. KEEN.ZORB Strobel construction combines shock-absorbing foam with a streamlined interior for a smooth touch against the foot. KEEN.Connect technology encourages natural motion, and includes a proprietary, lightweight polyurethane midsole compound, a metatarsal ridge for enhanced toe grip, a contoured arch and midfoot shank for support and a minimal, 4mm heel-to-toe drop for a low profile. The KEEN Delancey Ballerina CNX walking shoe is finished with a KEEN.PROTECT toe bumper and non-marking rubber outsole that's equipped with multi-directional flex grooves to allow a natural feel for the ground beneath your feet.

Contoured arch support

Full grain leather upper

KEEN.Connect (CNX)

KEEN.PROTECT

KEEN.ZORB Strobel

Leather lining

Metatarsal ridge

Non-marking rubber outsole with multi-directional flex grooves

Polyurethane midsole

Raised, padded back

Stitching details

TPU stability shank

Weight: 7.6 oz.

Style Number: 1008628

Honored Contributor

Minnetonka makes a nice house shoe with non slip sole.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

footsmart.com stretchies-many styles and colors

Honored Contributor

i am a big fan now of orthoheel......i now have 3 pair of indoor shoes/slippers. i used to go barefoot all the time, but once you get used to these you dont miss going barefoot or wearing socks around the house.

Vionic w/ Orthaheel Adj. Strap Slippers - Laura - A237935

a237935

Vionic w/ Orthaheel Orthotic Adj. Strap Slippers - Adilyn - A258844

a258844

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I love these shoes. They're light as a feather, very cushioned, and stretchy.

http://www.amazon.com/crocs-14698-Duet-Skimmer-Graphite/dp/B00ANJKRGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=142447...

Contributor

I wear Minnetonka moccasins with the thick sole like a boat shoe. I like the beaded ones. Never liked fabric ones cause they get funky Smiley Sad Never go barefoot even in the house if I can help it.