Trusted Contributor

CLARKS Ankle Boots - sizing question

I plan on ordering a couple pairs of tomorrow's TSV.  I own a ton of Clarks shoes, but only one pair of ankle boots.  I wear a size 6.5 or 7 medium normally.  Would anyone suggest ordering a wide for ankle boots?  I live in the South so I don't usually wear thick socks or anything.  I just wondered what part of the boot is "wider"..... toe box? heel? Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

Re: CLARKS Ankle Boots - sizing question

I wear a 7 medium and sometimes 71/2 medium.  I ordered these early and ordered a 7 medium which fit but my toe was right at the end of the shoe.  I returned them and ordered a 71/2 medium and they fit great. I never wear a wide shoe size.  hope this helps.  oh and the boots are really nice!--Lisa

Trusted Contributor

@LML8789 wrote:

I wear a 7 medium and sometimes 71/2 medium.  I ordered these early and ordered a 7 medium which fit but my toe was right at the end of the shoe.  I returned them and ordered a 71/2 medium and they fit great. I never wear a wide shoe size.  hope this helps.  oh and the boots are really nice!--Lisa

Thank you, Lisa!  That's exactly what I needed.  I will order a 7 medium then.  I love the Navy and Burgundy.  What color(s) did you order?  And are they comfortable around the ankle area when you walk?  Thanks!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@10000Nicknames wrote:

I plan on ordering a couple pairs of tomorrow's TSV.  I own a ton of Clarks shoes, but only one pair of ankle boots.  I wear a size 6.5 or 7 medium normally.  Would anyone suggest ordering a wide for ankle boots?  I live in the South so I don't usually wear thick socks or anything.  I just wondered what part of the boot is "wider"..... toe box? heel? Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I ordered my normal size that I usually get in Clarks but after reading a lot of the reviews saying to go with a WIDE width because they seem to be running narrow I ordered a WIDE and a medium width.  I too found that they seemed narrow and I never wear a WIDE shoe.  I kept the WIDE width ones and returned the medium width ones. 

They are really comfortable and nice looking.  So much so that I ordered 2 more pair.  I got the Navy, Grey and the Black. 

Edited to say that I tried them on with a thin sock.

A272466

Respected Contributor

I bought the Clarks Nikki North ankle boots a couple years ago which are a similar style as this TSV. I normally wear a 7.5 medium and that's what I ordered and they fit me perfectly.  I'm thinking of picking up a pair of this TSV since I've gotten a lot of wear out of the Nikki North. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't help you with this particular boot, but last year I purchased the Clark's "Whistle" shoe/boot from QVC.  They are very similar in looks and design to this boot (had a bit of suede at the top).  Bought my normal 7-1/2 medium,, and it was a perfect fit. 

Occasional Contributor

I love the burgundy ones but I decided to go for the black.  they are very comfortable even around the ankles when you walk--lookiing forward to cooler weather so I can wear them  enjoy!--Lisa

Contributor

I am a 7.5M, but I ordered 8M because the last pair of Clark's (loafers) were so short in my regular size, my big toes bumped the ends.

I am on the fence with these. They are beautiful-looking, but they feel wide in the heel cup. Then again, I am running into that problem with most shoes I try on. With thin socks, they are just a little bit loose (not uncomfortable...just super roomy). I am debating whether or not to go down to 7.5. I just never know what to buy in Clark's. The pebbled leather, btw, is awesome!

Honored Contributor

When we visit DH's family at Thanksgiving, we always go for walks in the woods. Years ago I got boots made specifically for that, but I don't wear them any other places! I thought these would be perfect for that and for other things!

From what others have posted and the reviews I've read, I ordered two sizes: my regular size in wide and 1/2 size larger in my regular medium. I really hope one of them works! ***crossing fingers***

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and input.  After all that, I went with my normal size of 6.5 medium.  I had decided to order up 1/2 size, but they said during many of the presentations not to order a wide or to size up because they're generous.  I ordered burgundy and navy and can't wait to get them.  Fingers crossed they fit!!