Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Buying Shoes ahead of season

I have learned a lesson the hard way.  Bought open backed shoes in February that I tried on briefly when they arrived, thought they were fine and kept.  I put them on this past weekend when the weather was right and wore them a few hours only to get blisters on the top of my toes - ouch!  Now I am in flip flops till the blisters heal and its too late to return.  Money wasted and lesson learned.  Buy when its time to wear.  My 30 days is way past!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Buying Shoes ahead of season

I can relate! 

I can't wear any open toe shoes because of that exact issue.  

Trusted Contributor

@Catch71 

Sorry this happened to you : (

I can see myself doing the same thing ~

Respected Contributor

Buy from Zappos. You have a year to return, but you cannot return worn shoes.

Honored Contributor

That's a bummer.  I do buy shoes and boots out of season because I wear a wide width shoe and a wide calf in boots.  When the boots come it September or October, I buy them!  Sometimes, I will buy pair of sandals in Feb or March if they are so good that I gotta have them and I don't want to miss out.  However, I never wait to wear those items.  I put them on and wear them around the house for a few hours, for a couple of days.  To make sure they fit and feel good.  

Honored Contributor

@Catch71Hopefully you have a shoe repair shop.  They can work with the problem you describe.

Respected Contributor

There is this stuff you can buy in the drugstore in the foot department.  It's a little stick of this anti-rubbing balm (looks like a miniature deoderant).  It reduces the friction of  a shoe on your foot/toes, you just swipe it on where you need it.  Maybe that would help.  I don't recall the brand though, sorry.  Maybe Band Aid brand.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 

When I buy new shoes, I wear them for many hours in the house - to be sure they're comfortable. If not, I return.

Valued Contributor

I guess I find that any shoe rubs my feet at the beginning of summer since I am usually not wearing socks.   I buy the stuff on Amazon to minimize the rubbing and I also keep moleskin around for when I get a blister.

Regular Contributor

@Catch71 I learned the same hard lesson a few years ago--misery loves company, LOL!