Respected Contributor

Re: Busted! DH was home when GILI bags arrived! :(((

Enjoy your boxes, girls. I can relate. At their core men just hate change. I came home from the hairdresser Friday with Lucille Ball red hair and you would have thought the planet shook. (BTW, as I amassed my considerable ring collection, he thought those little envelopes all held makeup!!! I guess he never figured out how I filled my ring box.) No harm, no foul.

Regular Contributor

If only the boxes didn't have that BIG QVC ALL OVER THEM!!! LOL

Super Contributor

On 11/1/2014 Have6cats said:

If only the boxes didn't have that BIG QVC ALL OVER THEM!!! LOL

True! As soon as I saw my mail girl pulling that ORANGE box out of the back of her truck I thought....."oh, kr@p". Smiley Wink
Frequent Contributor

Trust me, I understand....my fiancé spends most of the week out of town for work. It's our 23 son,who questions my purchases. I've been out of work for almost a year post foot surgery, so most of my time is spent at home alone. So I spend a lot of time watching and purchasing from the Q. Anyways, the best money spent is opening a PO BOX. Because my mobility is limited, I'm able to pick up my items every other Saturday when both my fiance and son are at the gym. A PO BOX is the best solution for me.... It's also the best way to keep their Christmas gifts a surprise. FYI.....to each their own.....it works for me....
Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 11/1/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Well, here's a sure fire trick that never fails ....... tell him it's a "secret" ..... that it's a Christmas present for him so he's just going to have to wait until December 25th, no peeking! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

That way, you reserve the right to open them in private ..... and you have PLENTY of time to shop for some thing for him that actually IS big enough for that box! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

wouldn't that be a lie?!?!

More like creating a diversion ..... LOL {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Regular Contributor

Nappy wife, happy life!?? My hand has been caught in the cookie jar, too. Just when I think a package will arrive on hubby's day off it backfires. He never says anything unless he gets upset over something else. Is it my fault he will wear clothes until they are torn or falling off his body? Lol
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/1/2014 Remee said:

That's ridiculous. Creating a lie, hiding packages, waiting for him not to be home when you open the package, etc...all forms of deceit and fear of him finding out mean you are dishonest in your relationship and are not trustworthy. this is a very serious problem in a marriage.

I wouldn't be with a man if I had to manipulate circumstances like this for fear of comments about how I spend my money. This is so immature and pathetic.

This husband needs to know how serious his relationship really is.

Valued Contributor

Mr Sylvia doesn't care at all when I receive something from anywhere but Q ( an extremely rare occasion) He thinks it's cheesy---.And I do too. don't shop there anymore
Trusted Contributor

I too have been married 37 years. I have gotten such a kick out of reading these posts. Well most of them. I think the bottom line is, even though our husbands are generous, men get what they need and woman get what they want but don't necessarily need. Men just don't get that. My husband will say I don't really need it and walk away, wish I could do that but, most times I need it want it got to have it. Most of you have given me quite the chuckle. The ones that get the humor in this anyway. Have a good one and Happy Shopping!
Super Contributor

You are so funny. I take them to the m.closet. He sees boxes but doesnt say anything. He used to fish all the time and he told his friends she doesnt ask me what i spend on fishing stuff (rods, fishin clothes, all kinds of lures, etc) and i dont ask her what she spends on bags, gardening things, bags, etc!! Enjoy your bags Benzgirl. I am sitting here with coffee, enjoying the time change. It isa little nippy this AM isnt it. 43 years of marriage here. It is hard picking something out for him for gifts, but did a great thing for his bday. Got him Sirrus radio and he loves it. Calls me and its paying in background and he says I Love This. Best gift u have ever given me!!!!!