Super Contributor

Busted! DH was home when GILI bags arrived! :(((

Drat! He was gone all morning, went to a gun show with buddies. These bags weren't even supposed to arrive till Tuesday, next week. So...DH got home just ahead of the mail carrier, who pulled into the driveway and walked up to the porch with a BIG QVC box containing two GILI bags. Immediately he wanted to know 'what I had ordered now'. I was hoping to casually ease them into my wardrobe undetected. Now I feel like the excitement of opening my new beauties is gone. Will have to stare at this unopened box until I can get some 'alone time' with them. Only wish he had found himself a big old gun that he couldn't live without today. Lol. Can anyone relate?
Respected Contributor

Re: Busted! DH was home when GILI bags arrived! :(((

So how do you explain to DH that you aren't opening the box just now? None of my business really, but just curious.

Super Contributor

No explanation necessary, Perkup. I don't think he really cares, my post is meant to be humorous. But still....I want to open them when I can have quality time to examine them - - with no comments from my peanut gallery. Smiley Wink
Regular Contributor

On 11/1/2014 benzgirl said: Drat! He was gone all morning, went to a gun show with buddies. These bags weren't even supposed to arrive till Tuesday, next week. So...DH got home just ahead of the mail carrier, who pulled into the driveway and walked up to the porch with a BIG QVC box containing two GILI bags. Immediately he wanted to know 'what I had ordered now'. I was hoping to casually ease them into my wardrobe undetected. Now I feel like the excitement of opening my new beauties is gone. Will have to stare at this unopened box until I can get some 'alone time' with them. Only wish he had found himself a big old gun that he couldn't live without today. Lol. Can anyone relate?

Which two did you buy? I received the grey one yesterday and love it. DH asked rang the doorbell and I told him QVC, but couldn't tell him what it was as it's for Christmas...

Super Contributor

Make-up LVR...I purchased the croc and the brown snake. Originally had the natural ostrich in the cart but switched out to the brown snake. I have been worried that (maybe) I should have stayed with my original two picks, but a little 'test run' will let me know if I made the right decision. Glad that you love your grey ostrich - - it went fast!
Super Contributor

Why can't you spend your money the way you want? I do and so does my husband. : )

Regular Contributor

On 11/1/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Why can't you spend your money the way you want? I do and so does my husband. : )

For some reason when it comes to handbags, my DH is a bit strict. He knows, I have a weakness for handbags and is trying to cure me I think. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Oh my goodness. I can really relate to this one. Saw the one line and said there is someone else like me out there. My hubby doesn't mind but when there's to many packages coming at one time he gets concerned. Between Lisa's Christmas shows, which I love and these bags. Anyway I enjoy opening my packages when he is not home and like you a lot of times I wait until he isn't around. Somehow it's much more exciting. So Benzgirl I am right there with you and know exactly what you are talking about. Especially when you have been waiting and it finally arrives. Been there done that. But when you do open it, it will be exciting.
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/1/2014 benzgirl said: Drat! He was gone all morning, went to a gun show with buddies. These bags weren't even supposed to arrive till Tuesday, next week. So...DH got home just ahead of the mail carrier, who pulled into the driveway and walked up to the porch with a BIG QVC box containing two GILI bags. Immediately he wanted to know 'what I had ordered now'. I was hoping to casually ease them into my wardrobe undetected. Now I feel like the excitement of opening my new beauties is gone. Will have to stare at this unopened box until I can get some 'alone time' with them. Only wish he had found himself a big old gun that he couldn't live without today. Lol. Can anyone relate?

{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I can relate! My DH couldn't give a flip what I bought or how much it cost in a brick and mortar store, but he was always curious about deliveries. The stigma of TV shopping I think. Plus he could never understand why someone needed more than 2 pairs of shoes (or handbags or whatever){#emotions_dlg.scared}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

My husband is such an enabler. Get it, Get it. LOL