Honored Contributor

But TK they will go on sale and in black. You just have to watch the store ads for sales and then check the exclusions. It doesn't happen often but occasionally they don't exclude Dooney bags, and most of the larger stores that carry Doony are likely going to carry the Bristol in black. Also check the DB site for their monthly specials. Eventually, you will probably find what you want and even if you don't, hey, you haven't invested a couple hundred dollars in a bag you'll rarely use!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
True Smiley Happy I did get florentine satchel in chestnut 25% off at Macy's..... well, thank you, stevieb, for your input. I think, if I am keeping the saddle bag, I won't be getting the Bristol. Especially that I have the oryany in berry so I don't need anymore "pop color" bags.....especially at that price!
Honored Contributor
On 8/28/2014 tough_kitty said:

Hmm...Should I or should I NOT get the Bristol Satchel in Violet for $246 total??? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

After reading all of the posts in this thread, it sounds like you have talked yourself out of getting the Bristol in Violet, at least for now! I have the Bristol in Violet and it's the bomb. I carried it for a long time this summer and loved it. Our handbag friend lavenderjunkie aptly described the color as a vivid hot pink (but I would add that it does have a purplish tone in it). This Violet color goes with so many things that include pink and purple, but it POPS on a neutral outfit like black, navy or grey. Look for it on sale at a later time...you may get a better price with time, especially considering it's a seasonal color. But there are only so many Violet Bristol's left...{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Valued Contributor
Hahaha, thanks, EEL. Trust me, I'd totally get this bag if I didn't purchase 13 other bags this year..... oh well..... Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor
Well, I just saw the Bristol bag at Macy's. It's way too small for my need a, and the back pocket is so small and stiff, it's pretty much useless. The smooth leather looked nice but the pebble leather in florentine wasn't as attractive..... I think I'll pass on this one....
Honored Contributor

I go back and forth on it. I've always wanted it, but then I compare it to the pebbled former TSV and I really don't think it's much larger and yes, the back pockets aren't all that useful. Agree on the pebble Florentine. If I wanted pebble leather, I'd get regular pebble leather or Dillen and when I want Florentine, I want the smooth Florentine. That's the problem with ordering rather than shopping locally, you're at someone's mercy. I'd actually rather have Dooney's regular pebble leather or Dillen than the pebble Florentine. They don't weigh as much and I think they wear better.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

The bristol satchel chestnut and black was at the outlet 30% of retail. I rather wait for sales instead of buying a reg price. I prefer dillen II or Florentine. I don't like the pebbled leather

Contributor

Hi, all ...I received my violet bristol satchel today from I Love Dooney and it is perfect. Came all wrapped up...no scratches and smooth. I think it came from Ct. factory. It looks as tho 19 violets were sent to ILD and they should have sev. left. I feel this color is going to be a one yr or season color and on to others. I had tried the outlets and most didn't have anything in violet left. I am retired and must have a handbag addiction also. I figure I can enjoy my bags even if hubby and I don't go so much anymore. No one should feel bad about the# of bags if they bring you some joy. More so in the past, I was a teddy bear collector, just couldn't get enuf, went to shows etc. Plus collected sev. other items too. The teddy bear and hand bag "thing" began way before I left home. Do an of you remember the fold over top bucket bags in leather that were so popular in late 50's or 60's???? Had to have that one and had to work to pay for it{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} My now deceased brother and I both were into collecting...we used to say we must've had a deprived childhood. Parents were very frugal, So I guess when we became working adults we went hog wild. Hope you all can enjoy your purchases and not feel guilty for doing so. Later....Gotta go watch the O's. TB